LE12-11.95.1 kodi 21 wiimote problem

• Hello
    I've updated to LE12 11.95.1.
    When connecting the wiimote, a warning to configure a new controller.
    When I set the keys as requested, the sequence stops after the "up" key, I can do the rest manually except the "B" key is not recognized.
    In previous versions of libreelec LE19 and LE20, the "1" and "2" keys were "page up" and "page down", with LE12, this has changed.

With keymap editor, I customized the "-" key for the contextual menu, but with LE12, I can no longer customize any wiimote key.

I've been using the wiimote to navigate in kodi since version LE19 with no problem.

• Hi,

Similar issue as mentioned above:

• Hardware: RPI 5
    • LE versions tested: LibreELEC 12 Beta1 and LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240426-4513878.img
    • Logs: Logs for the nightly built

With both versions of LE (beta 1 and nightly built of the 2024-04-26), it was a fresh install, default config. Paired the Wii Remote and the behaviour was different depending on the setting for Settings / System / Input / Drivers settings / Joystick drivers:

• Linux: D-pad is not recognised, all the buttons are
    • Udev: D-pad and all the buttons are recognised

In both cases, the button mapping is not usable and completely different that how it was with LE Nexus 11

I could not find how to remap the buttons, so will wait until this is fixed to test further LE 12.

Btw, I also plugged the nunchuck to see if it would make any difference, it did not (the logs are without the nunchuck being plugged).

I hope this helps if anyone wants to investigate, and if anyone knows how to remap the Wii Remote buttons so it matches how it was, by default, in LE 11, please share :)

• HI

i add :

Hardware : PC with dongle usb bluetooth

LE versions tested: LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.95.1.img.gz and LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.95.2.img.gz

• Tested with the new non-beta LE 12 release (LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0.0.img), still on RPI 5, and same issue as described above, so I did not add new logs

oge17532
    April 27, 2024 at 4:29 PM

I see a similar issue was also raised on Kodi's forum few years ago (Wii Remote D-pad not working with linux drivers, and working with udev), and I tried the suggestion by Drakkos to add an udev rule, without success (the rule was taken into account but the button mapping was still all over the place, not sure what some buttons do):
    Wii classic controllers

Also, in case it helps, the current mapping as defined in

/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/udev/Nintendo_Wii_Remote_11b.xml

The post mentioned above with Drakkos and garbear comments does not indicate how the issue was fixed properly at the end, not sure how to investigate more. If anyone has a clue, please share :)

• I made a new joystick.xml file (added it in the keymaps directory). Changing the D-pad mapping is reflected when using the Wii Remote (changed down for to facilitate testing, and left to test) but changing the a and b button do not.

With the Wii Remote, currently, pressing b generates a ScrollDown (again this is with udev, as with the linux drivers the D-pad is not recognised, but the buttons behave in the same way, meaning b triggers a ScrollDown).

Using another gamepad, all the changes in joystick.xml (including a and b) are reflected.

As I see garbear has not been actif in the libreelec forum for the last 4 years, should this thread be moved to https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=292 ?