LE12-11.95.1 kodi 21 wiimote problem

• Hello
    I've updated to LE12 11.95.1.
    When connecting the wiimote, a warning to configure a new controller.
    When I set the keys as requested, the sequence stops after the "up" key, I can do the rest manually except the "B" key is not recognized.
    In previous versions of libreelec LE19 and LE20, the "1" and "2" keys were "page up" and "page down", with LE12, this has changed.

With keymap editor, I customized the "-" key for the contextual menu, but with LE12, I can no longer customize any wiimote key.

I've been using the wiimote to navigate in kodi since version LE19 with no problem.

• Hi,

Similar issue as mentioned above:

• Hardware: RPI 5
    • LE versions tested: LibreELEC 12 Beta1 and LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240426-4513878.img
    • Logs: Logs for the nightly built

With both versions of LE (beta 1 and nightly built of the 2024-04-26), it was a fresh install, default config. Paired the Wii Remote and the behaviour was different depending on the setting for Settings / System / Input / Drivers settings / Joystick drivers:

• Linux: D-pad is not recognised, all the buttons are
    • Udev: D-pad and all the buttons are recognised

In both cases, the button mapping is not usable and completely different that how it was with LE Nexus 11

I could not find how to remap the buttons, so will wait until this is fixed to test further LE 12.

Btw, I also plugged the nunchuck to see if it would make any difference, it did not (the logs are without the nunchuck being plugged).

I hope this helps if anyone wants to investigate, and if anyone knows how to remap the Wii Remote buttons so it matches how it was, by default, in LE 11, please share :)