11.06 with Youtube issue

• Hi guys

I have been running 19.5 Matrix with no issues for years and due to upgrading to an RTX 3050 graphics card, I needed to update to version 11.06. Ok I'm a bit late.

First thing I found is I cannot get YouTube working anymore. I pasted my API codes into Kodi and signed in twice, and I get an error (see attached image). My subscriptions are coming up, but I get that error.

Any assistance with this issue will be fantastic and I'll owe you a beer. I use YouTube with Kodi every night and would love to get it going in 11.06 (and beyond)

Cheers :)

• You need to ask in the YouTube add-on support thread in Kodi forums. I've no idea if there's a current solution to the problem but it has nothing to do with LE and everything to do with Google being a grade A1+ pain in the rear and moving the goalposts around on what's needed to evade their API usage rules and desire to ruin their user-experience with an unholy amount of adverts. In short, the old solution is no longer the solution. FWIW, I see the same but haven't worked up the enthusiasm to hunt down the solution just yet.

• I did the youtube and youtubechannels update on my 19.5 build yesterday and it broke it. I had to do a rollback or copy from another build to get it working again.

• Hi guys

Ok I did some research on the KODI forums and found this link below.

Releases · anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube
    Watch your favorite YouTube content on Kodi. Contribute to anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

I firstly uninstalled any trace of Youtube on my current setup. I downloaded the version plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5+beta.4.zip

Once it was downloaded on my windows pc, I put it into the downloads folder in Kodi.

I then went to Addons and clicked on Install from zip file. I selected the file and let it install.

I then added my API codes I have backed up via going to \\KODI\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube and editing the api file.

I then signed in twice via the code and going to google.com.device

After that Youtube worked. File playback is a bit slower to get started, but I'm getting 4K no worries.

I'm not sure how long this will go for till Google make another change.

So hope this helps... let me know how you go

Dave :)