Change opacity or customize widelist view

• I would like to change the View_55_WideList view so that the entries are displayed from top to bottom and are not cut off by the black bars, especially at the bottom. I have made the following changes to the View_50_List.xml file and achieved the desired result - but I can't figure out the View_55_WideList.xml file (my intention was to display the number of episodes watched and the total number of episodes in a series). Here is the change to the View_50_List.xml file:

Can anyone tell me where I can find the file that is responsible for changing the opacity?

• You'd be better off asking these sorts of questions over on the Kodi forum. They have fora dedicated to skins.

Having said that I'm trying to modify Estuary myself and I think you need to look in \colors \t the .xml files. Colours are defined as ARGB not just RGB. The important file is defaults.xml

What workflow are you using? Mine is

PC modify the skin
    PC zip it

RPi4 select Embury skin
    RPi4 uninstall modified skin

PC copy modified skin to RPi4 userdata
    RPi4 reboot
    RPi4 install modified skin
    RPi4 test to see if I've got it right

Unless I reboot the RPi4 I just get told the modified skin can't be installed due to an invalid structure - it installs fine after the reboot!

There must be a better way.

• There must be a better way.

Clone the skin files to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myskin and edit the addon.xml to define a new/different skin name so there is no name clash. Restart Kodi for it to see the 'new' skin as something installed but disabled. Enable the skin. You can now edit the files in-situ using nano. You can reload the skin using a keyboard command (if one is attached) or use a kodi-send command to reload if editing 'remotely' over SSH (can't remember the command, Google will find it for you).

• chewitt

Thanks

bierbaron

I've just found these

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Also note that we have a virtual image (OVA) that runs in vmware Workstation/Fusion or Oracle VirtualBox; which can make running LE on something fast(er) and more local/portable easier than using a real board/box device.

• What seems to be working for me is

- set keymap as shown in the link

- copied the skin to my PC

- edit xml files using Notepad++

- copy back to RPi4 using FileZilla

- press f5 on RPi4's keyboard

Kodi's skinning is extremely powerful, extremely flexible and extremely difficult for a newbie to understand;)

I'm getting there slowly - very slowly

• Thanks a lot LybsterKodi. I have achieved what I wanted. For everyone else: I removed the entries <top>list_top_offset</top> and <bottom>list_bottom_offset</bottom> for type="fixedlist" in the file View_50_List.xml and View_55_WideList.xml and changed focusposition to 7 and thus achieved the desired result.