Video freezes - bcm2835_mmal_vchiq: timed out waiting for sync completion

• Hello,

I recently upgraded to LibreELEC 11. I've been trying to play videos but after a few minutes they keep freezing and then Kodi becomes unresponsive.

Initially I had the video running on an network share. At first I thought it was the network, or the video itself. But I've been able to reproduce it locally and with a variety of videos, some encoded 15 years apart.

Below are the logs:

Kodi debug logs - Playing movie stored on the Raspberry PI SD card (reproduced at ~8:12:30):

LOCAL - kodi.log

I couldn't get the "pastekodi" command or "Paste system logs" UI tool to work for this reproduction, so I uploaded the Kodi debug logs above. Further below is a URL I managed to generate with the "pastekodi" command when reproducing it on a different occasion.

journalctl logs - Playing movie stored on the Raspberry PI SD card (reproduced at ~8:12:30):

LOCAL - journalctl-local.txt

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Kodi debug logs - Playing movie from a mounted NFS share (reproduced at ~7:37:20):

https://paste.libreelec.tv/rich-pigeon.log

"pastekodi" worked. Above is the URL

journalctl logs - Playing movie from a mounted NFS share (reproduced at ~7:37:20):

NFS - journalctl.txt

• Just a heads up in case anyone has this problem in the future.

I think I managed to fix it by setting "over_voltage=2" in config.txt

This Github issue helped a lot:

Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit kernel) uses kodi to play video kodi will freeze · Issue #5579 · raspberrypi/linux
    Describe the bug My environment is Raspberry Pi 4 v1.2 hardware version, using the latest Raspberry Pi OS, the latest version of kodi installed through apt,…
    github.com

I have a feeling that "over_voltage=2" may not be enough and that a slightly greater number might be needed if the crash happens again. "2" is a very arbitrary number. I'll see how it goes and if the crash/freeze happens again.