Disable LIRCD

• Hi

There used to be option in old versions of LE Settings Addon that let you disable LIRCD.

Now thats gone its not easy to do so.

What is the best way?

I use ir-keytable instead of lircd

• lircd is ancient legacy and nowadays isn't started unless you really want to use it and manually create a lircd.conf file in /storage/.config

LE only use the modern ir-keytable way to handle IR remotes (and eventlircd to route the buttonpresses to kodi - that's another story though) for quite a while now so you won't see lircd running on any LE installation - unless you manually created the lircd.conf file

so long,

Hias

• get one of these here https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Univer…d_grid_rp_0_6_t and u won't regreat it, i have two, one for my MP3 player and one for a TV and they both have Kodi.

I have a Pi and IR so dont need that

lircd is ancient legacy and nowadays isn't started unless you really want to use it and manually create a lircd.conf file in /storage/.config

LE only use the modern ir-keytable way to handle IR remotes (and eventlircd to route the buttonpresses to kodi - that's another story though) for quite a while now so you won't see lircd running on any LE installation - unless you manually created the lircd.conf file

so long,

Hias

Ah ok. The add on I am using must be adding the lirc file then

Edited once, last by Nekromantik: Merged a post created by Nekromantik into this post. (March 8, 2024 at 4:48 PM).