3.5mm audio output on Raspberry Pi 5

• Hi,

this is my first post, thank you in advance for any help or support.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 5 to upgrade from Rpi4 that is already running on LibreELEC, but, I'm a noob, I realized that there is no 3.5mm audio output on the Rpi5 ;(.

On Rpi4 I use that output for music playback using the audio profiles add-on.

My question is, if I buy an USB audio interface (i.e. https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08Y8CZB2S?ref=emc_p_m_5_i_atc but this is just an example), something simple that do not requires drivers, will I be able to use it on Rpi5 running on LibreELEC to output music, also using the audio profiles add on?

And if so, how do I enable the sound card?

• I tried the one in the link above (the DAC is a KT0210) and works fine with LibreELEC, indeed the device show up in settings->audio (as something like 'KT analog') just after plugging in :thumbup:. Thanks

• I tried the one in the link above (the DAC is a KT0210) and works fine with LibreELEC, indeed the device show up in settings->audio (as something like 'KT analog') just after plugging in :thumbup:. Thanks

Yep, that's why I never saw a big deal in them removing the jack on the RPi5, there's lots of USB options now that have default kernel/driver support.