[Intel NUC8] No Audio After Suspend

• I started all over today using another usb 3 stick and a different usb port. Installation went much smoother, although still quite slow. After a few hours of updating windows and drivers, I had to download 2 missing drivers (chipset & audio) and manually install those. I crossed my fingers and the HDMI Firmware update worked fine this time, although I think I was already using the updated firmware, but I wasn't 100% sure, so I ran it anyway. It only took a couple minutes and finished succcessfully.

Now to test if I have audio after suspend and I'll try the USB-C port again. (maybe another day - I'm tired!)

Thanks for everyone's help

• Congrats! Windows updates feel like updating a nuclear power plant. That's why I don't use that OS anymore.

Why anyone uses it in this day and age is beyond me. I’m surprised they even released Windows 11. Must still be money to be made from it but reckon they’re flogging a dead horse.

• I started all over today using another usb 3 stick and a different usb port. Installation went much smoother, although still quite slow. After a few hours of updating windows and drivers, I had to download 2 missing drivers (chipset & audio)

I used Rufus to create the bootable usb key fro a Win10 iso and didn’t need to install any drivers. It just booted to Windows and I ran the hdmi update. No need to install drivers all I wanted was to run that firmware exe.

Note the image option: ‘Windows to Go’ below

• I used Rufus to create the bootable usb key fro a Win10 iso and didn’t need to install any drivers. It just booted to Windows and I ran the hdmi update. No need to install drivers all I wanted was to run that firmware exe.

Note the image option: ‘Windows to Go’ below

I used Rufus too and chose the "Window to Go" option on both installs. Today's install was with another USB Drive and another NUC port. It took hours to update Windows on the NUC.

• Update:

The HDMI Firmware update fixed the "no audio after suspend" issue I was having! It seems the NUC's EDID is now detecting my AVR, when it didn't before the update. The USB-C jack still doesn't function, but I don't care now since my problem is fixed.

Yay!