Raspberry 3 + new Panasonic TV = HDMI, Audio, CEC probem (no signal / no sound /no function) since Matrix 10.0.4 -> Leia 9.2.8 OK

• Hello,

i have been installed Libreelec 9.2.8 on my Raspberry3 and everything works fine. When i install 10.0.4 or newer on Raspberry he starts without a HDMI Signal on TV.

TV is a Panasonic TX-32M330E (HDReady). I put "video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D" into cmdline.txt and then i have a picture on TV, but no Audio over HDMI and no CEC function.

I can not select any Audi-Device called "HDMI", because in the list of Audio-Devices is just an Bluetooth-Audio Device.

Can you help me?

thanks

• This is my EDID from Panasonic TV:

edid-decode (hex):

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Any other idea?

In the past I had exactly the same issue, RPi3B, HDMI, HD-ready TV (LG), when I switched from LE v.9 to v.10, and was because of a poor quality HDMI cable... If you didn't tried yet, try to change the HDMI cable. Maybe you have same issue.

And instead to upgrade to LE v.10, why you don't go directly to the latest v.11? I'm on LE 12 nightly (2x RPi3B, 1x RPi4B) and works very well. One of the best thing in the RPi is the SD card... If you have one (or more :)) spare SD card, anytime you can try something new and on the other card you always have a working "backup".

• I have tried three HDMI cables, all the same. Now i have bought a new 2.0 HDMI-Cable and will try it out today.

I did some other tests yesterday:

- Board Radxa Rock 4B+ + Libreelec 11 -> same problem, picture only 1024x768, no HDMI-Audio (I think Radxa goes into HDMI Safe Mode)

- Test my Notebook with HDMI-Output -> no other monitors found

- Test my Notebook with a docking station (Notebook -> USB -> Dockingstation -> HDMI-Output -> Panasonic TV) -> the monitor was found and i get a picture

I think it´'s a problem with the TV, but i will try the HDMI 2.0 Cable today and post the results here.

In the past I had exactly the same issue, RPi3B, HDMI, HD-ready TV (LG), when I switched from LE v.9 to v.10, and was because of a poor quality HDMI cable... If you didn't tried yet, try to change the HDMI cable. Maybe you have same issue.

And instead to upgrade to LE v.10, why you don't go directly to the latest v.11? I'm on LE 12 nightly (2x RPi3B, 1x RPi4B) and works very well. One of the best thing in the RPi is the SD card... If you have one (or more :)) spare SD card, anytime you can try something new and on the other card you always have a working "backup".

I have tried LE 10, LE11 and LE 12 nigthly, but only LE9 works correctly with the Panasonic TV

• I think it´'s a problem with the TV, but i will try the HDMI 2.0 Cable today and post the results here.

Hi, if you tried with 3 different HDMI cables, could be the TV (HDMI connector, EDID chip). Another idea, if you have around another TV, preferably HD-ready, connect the RPi to that TV, and if working, save the TV EDID data (SSH - run "getedid create"). In this way, the LE will use always the EDID "backup" instead to try to read it from TV. Always start the TV before power up the RPi. I had issues with EDID detection if the TV was in StBy when the RPi booted (resolved by "getedid create").

• [...]

TV is a Panasonic TX-32M330E (HDReady). I put "video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D" into cmdline.txt and then i have a picture on TV, but no Audio over HDMI and no CEC function.

I can not select any Audi-Device called "HDMI", because in the list of Audio-Devices is just an Bluetooth-Audio Device.

[...]

Hi, this sounds somehow similar to my problem: [RPi4] HDMI / Audio-Issue
    could you check, if restarting kodi (without rebooting) changes anything?

ssh to your pi, then
    systemctl restart kodi

after that check in kodi-settings, if hdmi-audio-output is now selectable.

Thanks,
    Karsten

• Hi,

i have returned the new Panasonic TV because it now has a damage pixel.

I have bought a new LG TV and now all works perfectly since the first start of Kodi.

Thanks for your help anyway.