Raspberry Pi 5 and NVME installation

• I feel like a real novice posting this issue but I can't figure out what is wrong. I have a new Raspberry Pi 5 build running off an SD card. I purchased a Geekworm X1001 NVME hat and a Samsung 250GB 970 Evo Plus 2280 SSD. I did not format, partition or do anything to the SSD. My goal was to boot it up, create/format a partition, copy the Kodi database over, set a link to the new database location etc etc. I've done this previously with a USB SSD to test differences in storage access speeds.

My problem is that for the life of me I can't get LibreElec to see the SSD. I've added PCIE_PROBE=2 to the config.txt file. If I look in dmesg or run Parted it isn't being seen. It feels like this is a hardware issue but I've checked the installation twice. I've tried 11.0.6 and the latest nightly.

Is there something else I need to do for LibreElec to see the SSD ? I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Jeff

• I was able to get it working. I am not sure exactly what fixed it. But I reseated the ribbon cable yet again between the hat and the Raspberry Pi, added the following commands back to the config.txt file:

dtparam=nvme
    dtparam=pciex1_gen=2

Now when I do a parted command it shows up.

Jeff

• Looking at this more I am pretty sure now that this was a physical layer issue with the ribbon cable. Thee is a PCIe indicator light on the hat which I don't think was on before but is now.

Jeff