Updating from 11.0.3 to 11.0.6 on Raspberry Pi 4b with same configuration setting does not work propely

• Hello to you all,

I'was on LibreElec 11.0.3 on Raspberry Pi 4b (HDMI on Samsung TV) fully working with this parameters on configuration files:

config.txt

distroconfig.txt

Code
    arm_boost=1
    arm_64bit=1
    kernel=kernel.img
    display_auto_detect=1
    dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,cma-512 
    dtoverlay=
    disable_overscan=1
    disable_fw_kms_setup=1

When system automatically updated to LibreElec 11.0.6, I had no video and no audio at all. The machine was operativa because I could see it on Kore (android app).

I've tried to turn on/off all those lines I customized, but my best result is video resolution 1024 (instead of 1920 of my TV) and no audio (with default config.txt except for "dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,cma-512" I need to see something, and default distroconfig.txt).

Command "tvservice -s" results "state 0x6 [DVI CUSTOM RGB full 4:3], 1024x768 @ 60.00Hz, progressive"

Audio is totally off.

Does anyone have any suggestion? thanks

• Command "tvservice -s" results "state 0x6 [DVI CUSTOM RGB full 4:3], 1024x768 @ 60.00Hz, progressive"

So you're missing some HDMI modes, right? The reason could be bad communication over HDMI.

Check your HDMI cable. It should be conform to HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 standard.

• Thank you for suggestions.

If is a cable problem I can't figure out why with 11.0.3 I could use LibreElec correctly (with those parameters I've posted on my 1st post).

The line hdmi_drive=2 which I've read is mandatory for Raspberry as for video resolution as for audio out, I my 11.0.6 case does not work.

• Wow, I didn't know, thank you!

In facts I've added on cmdline.txt the code video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60 and now tvservice -s results state 0x6 [DVI CUSTOM RGB full 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive which is good, but audio still doesn't work.

Do you have any idea on how to change DVImode to HDMImode using cmdline.txt ?

• I've made several tests (changing from kms to fkms driver, changing HDMI port, changing parameters of config.txt distroconfig.txt cmdline.txt) but my audio doesn't sound at all: I think because I cannot change DVImode to HDMImode.

• I'm back with a brand new 4k cable: you were right, it works properly now.

I still don't know why my old cable used to work with 11.0.3, but I've found the solution.

Thank you again