RPi4 TV HAT on Android

• Hi,

sorry I couldn't find the info - what happened with WeTek Hub/Play2, they discontinued their business of STB boxes?
    I don't see any mention of these nor any new models on their site, neither about the firmware they used (Kodi/Android TV-based).

• WeTek still manufacture devices, but these days their business is focussed on ISP/Telco and Hospitality IPTV systems. Their forums are long gone, but there are still users here and LE still has current releases that run on their hardware (with some caveats) and I have Android recovery images and raw "dd" backups for the Hub and WP2 boxes in case anyone ever wants to reset them back to factory spec.

• Thanks, my interest is mainly in their Android TV sources.

I recall their Android TV firmware supported embedded DVB tuner the boxes had.
    So I wonder if I could repeat the procedure and somehow add RPi's DVB TV HAT support to Android TV custom build?

• I'm not sure that makes much sense. The TV HAT is designed for the physically exposed 40-pin GPIO arrangement on an RPi4 board and while S905 does have GPIO capabilities the WP2 doesn't expose that header or the required pins easily so you'll have a major soldering task to wire something up; and then you need to backport a modern kernel driver onto a decade-old Android oriented 3.14 vendor kernel (full of low-quality vendor code) which will be quite the software task. It would be massively easier an long-term much easier to maintain the HAT running natively on a recycled and inexpensive RPi2/3 board.

• I didn't put it clear:

I want to use HAT on RPi4, but on Android TV. So I wonder if I could somehow build custom Android TV for RPi to support DVB there? I'm not sure if TV HAT-supporting DVB drivers for Android exist..

• RPi4 can run Android and RPi4 can support the RPi TV HAT so something could be possible; but exactly what and how is way beyond the Linux + Kodi scope of the LE forums so I'd suggest you take the questions to the Pi forum.