Transfer Kodi settings

• Hi all,

I run multiple versions of LibreELEC to see if any issues I find are in previous versions or new, so I am frequently formatting cards and doing fresh installs. The issue then, is I have to reconfigure Kodi every time to the way I want it.

Are the settings saved to a specific file that I can just copy from one card to another of a different version to preserve the settings I have selected?

Thanks

• I do this in the LibreElec Addon, on first left menu entry - backup data and restore data.

I did this twice with 2 different systems and worked like a charm

Make the installation and thendirectly restore.

But be careful if you have different LibreElec Versions. I remember to use this only across the same main versions like 11.xx

Best regards

• The minimal content you need is sources.xml, passwords.xml, and guisettings.xml; the latter will have changes specific to a specific hardware type (as RPi has differences to an Intel GPU device etc.) but things are mostly portable. I have 'master' files and a setup bash script stored on a webserver so I can clean-install something, wget the script and run it to configure a clean device for test in a couple of minutes. You probably don't need to go that far though :)