MP3 Covers not updating

• Hi,

my problem is, that my MP3 Covers are not updated if i change them in the MP3-IDTag even if I update the Source in Kodi.

I have LibreElec 11.0.5 installed on a ThinClient HP-T630 and works fine. About 1500 MP3s with covers in the IDTag inside running fine.

I changed a few of the covers in the tags but Kodi still shows me the old ones.

I tried different programs like MusicMonkey, MP3Tag and even Kodi on an Fire TV Stick. All of them show me the newest cover

But not LibreElec-Kodi.

Then after 2 days of trying I copied such an MP3 and renamed it in the same path.

So now in the new file i see the new cover and in the old file the old cover also in LibreElec-Kodi.

What am i doing wrong or why does Kodi do not update this covers.

How can i fix this or is there another workaround to not copy my modified files

Best regards

Joe

• After searching for cache i found this :

I deleted this db-File and restarted and it helped, so my new Covers are visible.

But this should not be the normal way, right ? Refreshing Library should affect this the same ...

Should I raise a request somewhere or is there another solution in Kodi existing.

• Where do i find this directory ?

If i look with Windows in the share or per SSH i see both the same like :

It's there, but it's hidden, because .cache starts with a point. Your solution at post #4 is better, because you don't delete the complete cache. I guess it's possible to write an update script that only deletes the specific DB file from that cache folder.