Chrome Add-on Cursor Size

• Well it was bound to happen. Age has caught up with my eyesight and small things get hard to see like the cursor in Kodi. I was able to install a Chrome extension which works pretty well but curious if the Kodi system cursor might be adjusted? Perhaps a patch or something to scale it up a bit at least till they fix my cataract??(

• Thanks. I did locate the xml file and took a look. If I get really adventurous I might edit some of the apparent size variables and see if I can manage to not blow up the system.^^

• I'm somewhat of a stranger in a foreign land when it comes to Linux speak but after several attempts to edit the Pointer.xml file I was rewarded with cursor 2 X the original size so a win. Nothing blew up and seems a straight forward edit of the pixel variables (I'm assuming) did exactly what I wanted. I use the original skin Confluence but I reckon each skin uses a similar file.

The Pointer.xml file is read only so steps to unlock the file and also take ownership were required. A bit more involved than I expected but I managed. The file is located here:

/media/user/Storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Pointer.xml

The size of 32 was replaced with 64 in all occurrences. 8 total.

Edited once, last by Reddirt (January 22, 2024 at 6:54 PM).