ProFTPD server plugin is not working after upgrade from LE 11.0.3 to 11.0.4

• RPi4B (4GB)

I have been using ProFTPD Server plugin since LE 10.0.4. It was working smoothly on 11.0.3 as well. Yesterday I upgraded to 11.0.4 and and FTP server is not working any more. I recognised the problem either on upgraded 11.0.4 (drom 11.0.3) as well as on "fresh" 11.0.4 installation. Any ideas what to do?

• Though task :) I am rather a user not a programmer or system developer. Any hints (steps) what should I do to switch on logging and submit them to the forum?

I guess the experimet should be done with the camera which uploads a picture to ProFTP server, either from version 11.0.3 and from 11.0.4 to show that in the first case the ftp upload is OK and in the second one the IP camera cannot get to the server?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Done!

Both logs (11.0.4 - first and 11.0.3 - second) were uploade ~11 AM CET. The first attached picture (189b) points log of 11.0.4 (problematic) and the second one (190c) points to log from 11.0.3 (ftp works without any problems).

Both systems are fresh - just installed. Only two plugins are installed: ProFTPD Server and Kodi Log Uploader. RPi's IP in both cases is the same (192.168.1.99). Experiments were done with the help of HIK IP camera (192.168.1.202) which tried to ftp a test file to the server (192.168.1.99).

FTP user and password in both cases were the same.

• There's nothing in the Kodi logs, which is one reason why we asked for "pastekodi" which also outputs the systemd log. You may also need to include the FTP server log (assuming there is one).

• I will repeat the experiment with "pastekodi" an publish links to the forum.

Any hints where in the file structure I can look for ProFTPD server logs? In the past I "walked" though the files of LibreELEC with SSH but I am not sure I understand the logic of the filestructure enough.

BTW, reading the responses to IP camera when it tries to upload the file one can come to the conclusion that FTP server is not running, not a problem with negotiations during session setup.

• The problem is this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ping localhost
    ping: bad address 'localhost'

LibreELEC:~ # ping $(hostname)
    ping: bad address 'LibreELEC'

and workaround is this (run in SSH console or add content to file manually).

Code
    echo "127.0.0.1 localhost $(hostname)" >>/storage/.config/hosts.conf

Looks like the issue comes from https://github.com/LibreELEC/serv…ttings/pull/292

where only half of the solution was applied on LE11.

Related: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/7696

Any hints where in the file structure I can look for ProFTPD server logs?

Code
    systemctl status service.proftpd
  • First uninstall addon and also remove it's settings. Then install it again and check if works or still not.

Or you can fix it by running this commands in SSH terminal:

Code
    sed -i "s|TLSProtocol .*|TLSProtocol TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3|" /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.proftpd/proftpd.conf
    rm -f /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.proftpd/proftpd.*.pem
    systemctl restart service.proftpd

You can check the status of the service by command

Code
    systemctl status service.proftpd