Which LibreELEC for the Minix U9-H (S912) Please?

• Hello friends!

I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season?

Just a quick search for help please... I am currently on CoreELEC 9.2.8, which runs fine. However, I am curious about the new Kodi offered by LibreELEC and was wondering if it's worth upgrading to?

If it is worth testing on an SD, I was wondering which is the latest build that I would need to flash|install? Is the Kodi freeze issue resolved at this point?

Also, if someone could kindly direct me to installation instructions, I'd be grateful to give it a go.

Apologies, it's been literally years since I installed CoreELEC! :)

Many thanks for your help!

• It sounds like I should be deterred by the 11.0.4 release notes? =O Is there anything specific that you think might put me off?

I would read them, if you haven't already. It is highly dependent on the media you are consuming, so it's really something you would have to answer for yourself. It's usable on GXL devices with 1080p media, but the release notes outline quite a number of things that are not working that are important to some people. I mostly use it for MPEG2-playback of 480/720/1080 progressive/interlaced content (PVR recordings), and MPEG2 HW decode is totally broken so it is all ffmpeg software decode currently, beyond that I have used it to playback Xvid and H.264 content which seems fine.

• I would read them, if you haven't already. It is highly dependent on the media you are consuming, so it's really something you would have to answer for yourself. It's usable on GXL devices with 1080p media, but the release notes outline quite a number of things that are not working that are important to some people. I mostly use it for MPEG2-playback of 480/720/1080 progressive/interlaced content (PVR recordings), and MPEG2 HW decode is totally broken so it is all ffmpeg software decode currently, beyond that I have used it to playback Xvid and H.264 content which seems fine.

Thank you frakkin64 I appreciate your response. Yeah, I did read the release notes. There's a few things in there which make it a bit of a deal-breaker. Sometimes it's better to stick with what you have, even if it's slightly dated, but at least reliable.

Thank you for the guidance, those who kindly responded.

• Sometimes it's better to stick with what you have, even if it's slightly dated, but at least reliable.

Yeah, perhaps some of the older devices will get attention now that the devices are basically end of life. But that attention would probably have to come from volunteers in the community. My understanding is the latest Amlogic vendor kernels dropped GXL support, and that will just continue and propagate to projects still using those old vendor kernels and eventually they will move on.