Wetek Hub - 11.0.4 - no passthrough of Dolby TrueHD (Atmos)

• Hi,

Stable 11.0.4 Wetek Hub image (Note: need to rename the SD image files to dtb.img, kernel.img & kernel.img.md5 for it to boot).

Made sure the video player sync was turned off, ALSA HDMI driver selected, all passthrough options turned on.

Cheers

• IIRC the S905 chip in the Hub does not support the HD formats so cannot pass them through. The DD+/TrueHD streams contain a DTS (5.1) core with additional metadata; the core stream provides compatibility with hardware that doesn't support the full format so you still hear something. Note: no need to rename files if following the wiki instructions to create AMLGX "box" SD cards.

• IIRC the S905 chip in the Hub does not support the HD formats so cannot pass them through. The DD+/TrueHD streams contain a DTS (5.1) core with additional metadata; the core stream provides compatibility with hardware that doesn't support the full format so you still hear something.

No, CoreElec v9.2 was able to passthrough TrusHD/DTS-HD fine on the Hub (I haven't tried the v9 libreELEC) - this was the only reason I originally bought the Hub.

Note: no need to rename files if following the wiki instructions to create AMLGX "box" SD cards.

I used the specific Wetek Hub image.

Cheers

• Both logs show that playback starts in 2.0 pass-through then TrueHD/DTS-MA are detected and AESinkALSA renegotiates to output with 7.1 output. Kodi appears to be doing the right thing here. What spec is the HDMI cable?

• Both logs show that playback starts in 2.0 pass-through then TrueHD/DTS-MA are detected and AESinkALSA renegotiates to output with 7.1 output. Kodi appears to be doing the right thing here. What spec is the HDMI cable?

It's a recent premium/4k one - it passes HD audio fine with the v9 CoreELEC/LibreELEC images.

I just saw in the AMLogic section that someone is reporting the same issue with a Mecool box with a S912 Soc using v11/v12 LibreELEC.

Cheers