Weird bug with resume and refresh rate change delay

• I’m using Libreelec 11.0.3 Generic.x86_64 official on a very old Asus Chromebox with an i3-4010U, just for simple 1080p playback (which the Chromebox is excellent at). At first I thought my problem was kbecause of the old hardware, but now I’m not so sure.

The issue: resuming a video currently in progress changes the refresh rate, then gives a screen with the prior UI - and no black screen or video playback window at all. OSD cannot be brought up, but I can stop the video and return to normal. Starting a video from the beginning works fine, and pausing or skipping back/forth in a playing video is also fine.

Note that this didn’t happen on the last Kodi version I had on this thing, which was v17-based.

The first issue is that as soon as I enable debug logging, everything works fine. Turn it off and it breaks again. WTF?

Disable refresh rate changing and things also works fine. Okay… so I start testing further, and find that the video will actually start playing if I wait 30-40 seconds. Also, if the “delay after refresh rate setting” is set between 0 and 0.5 seconds, the issue does not occur. Even a couple tenths longer and the issue crops up.

For now the easy fix is to just disable the pause on rate switching, since the TV doesn’t really need it. This doesn’t seem like an important issue, and it kinda hard to figure out when I can’t provide a useful log… but I thought I’d report it anyways.

• Sorry for the delay. I just put the latest LE22 nightly on (Jan 02) and the behavior is the exact same: 30 second pause if the delay is set higher than 0.5 seconds.

I’ve also tried a different GUI refresh rate and/or resolution without success. Refresh rate switched to doesn’t affect anything. It happens with both h264 (hardware) and h265 (software) playback.

I’ve noticed on one test in the general logs that the time between “onlostdisplay” and “onresetdisplay” was 55 seconds, and there were no log entries for about 55 seconds until that “onresetdisplay” occurs and the video started. But with debug logging (when everything annoyingly works fine) the time between those two messages was just 2 seconds.

Let me know what I can test and which logs would be useful.