WiFi Woes

• I thought I might share my experience to help anyone having wifi blues with Kodi. Certainly wifi is simple solution to connect anywhere around the home or office but not without it's downside. Slow speeds and occasional packet loss and maybe more than just occasional. Just the nature of wifi. I have found the best way to enjoy Kodi is over a cat5 cable hands down. Just moved into a newer home with coax to every room but no easy way to run an ethernet cable. A bit research and I found a solution to share. Ethernet over coax. The unit I purchased came in at just under $100 US but the results are very surprising. One device at each end of the coax and I recorded 270Mbps at the router source 250Mbps at the destination through coax. Way better than I had hoped. There are several units to pick from online and I opted for the Nexuslink GCA-1200 model. Easy to setup and done. Adding additional end units is also possible so as long as the coax is not being used for cable TV a great solution for homes without cat5 connections. :)

• Powerline routers are also an option sometimes. Not as good as proper Ethernet but a similar concept to the coax boxes and often faster and more stable that a wireless connection.

• Thanks for the input. I looked at the powerline devices as well and from what I read the best performance is when the send/rec boxes are on the same circuit. Results vary from stellar to medium depending on what other devices are on the system. I'd hate to think my internet would take a hit when the wife plugged in her monster vacuums. Ouch!