Time to upgrade my NUC. What's hot today?

• 1080p the N100 is flawless too (as far as i can tell)

Now i have my 1st RPi5 and i mesured CPU power for the real task of the watchListe addon, that has a hard job making a full sync.
    PN42 N100 -> around 3min
    RPi5 @ 2900 MHz -> around 3min 45sec
    RPi4 @ 2000 MHz -> more then 7min

For playing Video i did some tests with ym new RPi5 @ 2900 MHz passiv colling always with screen resolution 2160p and refresh rate like the movie. As far as my tests go always with PT no problem whatsoever with LE 11.0.4. Watched 1x 4k HDR TrueHD Atmos and BD with DTS-HD 7.1. Both remux i made my self from disc. Played flawless without any hickup. Some more TV show episode and streaming files played flawless too.

• What are the chances that the 11gen intel chips get fixed?

Imho they support about everything in HW (decode, and mostly encode too, but that is not relevant to kodi)

And my nuc11i3 should actually be a bit more performant than the n100s, no?

• What are the chances that the 11gen intel chips get fixed?

As you can see on this block diagram, NUC11PAxxx does not have a native HDMI port. It is using a DP->HDMI protocol converter (PCON) chip. It is more than likely the source of your audio passthrough issues. So this is not a gen11 issue but an issue specific to that NUC model. There is nothing to fix from LE/Kodi side.

• Thanks sky42

I'm not sure I understood everything yet but I'm hoping by the time I upgrade my whole system to 4K HDR (in a couple of months I believe), the N100 will work out of the box. It looks like we're not very far. Otherwise I'll go with the Pi.

• As you can see on this block diagram, NUC11PAxxx does not have a native HDMI port. It is using a DP->HDMI protocol converter (PCON) chip. It is more than likely the source of your audio passthrough issues. So this is not a gen11 issue but an issue specific to that NUC model. There is nothing to fix from LE/Kodi side.

I thought the lspcon issues were solved long ago in 5.x kernels

Also it used to work on my 5thgen with LE 9/10

I am, guessing this is a new issue.

Does anyone know if the hdmi2.1 on the N100/200 are native? Asus doesn't have diagram, and I don't trust the one from asrock.