LibreELEC 11.0 = Ability to change the playback speed/rate?

• In trying the latest edition (11) I can't find these most basic playback feature: the ability to change the playback speed/rate.

In the older versions it was [Alt + left/right arrow].

Is there a hotkey I'm unaware of now, or is this still not unbelievably included??

• ISTR it's not functional unless "sync playback to display" is enabled .. and for general best results with Kodi on a normal TV you want to leave that setting disabled.

• For "best results" I want to watch stuff faster.

This software has an adjustment for every tiny setting that really doesn't matter, and yet leaves out one of the most important one of all. I had to look up where that particular one is:

Settings/Player/Videos - Official Kodi Wiki

Holy crap, it worked! I can go fast. Unfortunately it still tops out at only 1.5, but it's better than 1.0 at least.

Now if only that adjustment was super easy, super obvious, and had way more granularity, like setting it in 0.1 increments all the way up to 2.5x or 3.0x. Maybe if the devs ever read this... then next update. Or maybe there is a configuration file I can update?...

Thanks!

• Your personal "most important feature" is probably used by 0.00001% of Kodi users, and that's why it's not the default or on some kind of hot-button. Fortunately Kodi is an extensible and scriptable platform so you should be able to (with a little fiddling) toggle the sync-playback-to-display feature via a JSON API request which can be put into a shell script which is mapped to a spare remote button through a custom keymap. There's no HOWTO guide for doing exactly that I can point you to, but all the individual bits for doing that workflow are out there in wiki's and such.

• I'm now seeing the latest version doesn't even have analogue output as an audio option anymore. So that's a definite deal-breaker for me with my old stereo system. Apparently I'm expected to either replace my hardware/stereo, or buy an additional adapter (micro-HDMI to audio) just because Kodi thinks I should be limited to just HDMI and bluetooth outputs?

I can go back to running the old version 9 that had analogue, but even so, it has that 1.5x speed limit, and terrible audio to video sync, so it's still just lame for my needs.

I could use OSMC instead, but I don't think that will help if this is a limitation in Kodi.

And. if only "0.00001% of Kodi users" want faster speed, then even if I'm the ONLY one, then there still aren't that many Kodi users in the whole world I bet to make that numerically true.

Honestly, anyone who doesn't feel the need to speed up their audio/video at all IMO seems kinda "slow" to me, so maybe the Kodi world isn't the place for me at all. LOL

• The idea of watching videos at the wrong speed is abhorrent to me, but one mans chalk is another mans cheese. If the old release works better, use it. There's no rule that says "thou must upgrade" all the time. There are still ~40% of our active RPi installs on LE 9.2.8. Kodi stats are less accurate than ours (we have some basic stats, they only estimate) but the current percentage estimate means my guess above is missing a bunch of zero's.

• I'm now seeing the latest version doesn't even have analogue output as an audio option anymore. So that's a definite deal-breaker for me with my old stereo system. Apparently I'm expected to either replace my hardware/stereo, or buy an additional adapter (micro-HDMI to audio) just because Kodi thinks I should be limited to just HDMI and bluetooth outputs?

Add "dtparam=audio=on" to config.txt.

• if only "0.00001% of Kodi users" want faster speed, then even if I'm the ONLY one

You´´ re not alone punto ;)

It´ s really strange that this feature won´ t get more weight in the Kodi/L_Elec "world" ....VLC or MX Player making this with good results,even big worms like Youtube had implented this feature.