Running RetroArch on the LibreELEC with GBM without exiting Kodi

• As the title says, is it technically possible to run RetroArch in the current LibreELEC on x86_64 (using GBM) without the need to exit Kodi first? I'm aware that it is technically possible if there was a window manager (using both X11 or Wayland), but I'm not sure how the GBM works. Maybe it is possible to run two GBM applications each on a separate virtual terminal in Linux? Or maybe some way to suspend the Kodi without exiting it?

If it is not possible, what would I lose by using the legacy X11 LE image? HDR? Anything else? Hardware is based on 12th Intel Core i5 with Iris XE.

Background:

I'm building my new HTPC based on Intel Core i5-12500H. I was hoping to see the OpenGL libretro context support in Retroplayer for Nexus, but it doesn't seem to be the case, so I need to look at the possibilities how to run a separate RetroArch for now. I'm used to run LibreELEC box 24/7 and I actually hate when Kodi gets restarted from time to time (usually having uptime in months), so I really don't want to restart Kodi everytime I run a game.