Cannot get ATMOS or 5.1 to play multichannel music properly on Yamaha Receivers

• I have tried passthrough, 2.0, 7.1, 5.1 and I cannot get the receiver to recognize an ATMOS signal or map the channels properly.

Sometimes I get all channels working except for the right rear surround. The left rear also seems to duplicate with the front left.

No matter what I try, with 7.1 FLAC files, 5.1 FLAC files, and surround DSF files, I cannot get the receiver to properly output surround music.

I have three different Yamaha receivers - 2x RX-A880 and 1x RX-A4A. I tried moving Raspberry Pis to different receivers with no luck.

I've also tried many settings on the Yamaha that also didn't work, including "Straight", Auto Decode, DD decode.

The Yahama speakers all test tone out perfectly to the correct channel.

The Pis are running over HDMI 0.

Running three Raspberry Pi 4Bs with 4GB RAM and LibreElec 11.0.3

Any help would be very much appreciated.

• The first thing I'd check/change or experiment with is the HDMI cable(s) used. ATMOS and other high-bitrate formats are often combined with 4K/HDR video and the combination requires more data to be transmitted on the cable and this means higher bandwidth "certified" cables are needed. HDMI cables also impact the EDID data carried on the HDMI connection which advertises the audio capabilities to the Pi device. As a secondary thing I'd check for AVR firmware updates. AVR devices do ship with bugs that do get fixed in later updates sometimes.

• Can you provide logs from working (11.0.1) and non-working (11.0.3) setups?

You don't want to stay with 11.0.1 forever, right?

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link