1920x1080 on Wetek Play 2 LE 11 OR 12

• hi all

i tested LE 11 AND 12 on emmc wetek play 2 is run

i have 2 tv lcd full hd and led 24 and 32

but resolution 1920x1080 not find and sound not work

What is the problem? Are there any settings that must be activated or what?

Note: When the device is connected to the TV, it gives a signal DVI !!!! || ||

Knowing when giving the order ssh
    tail /sys/class/drm/*/status

==> /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status <==

connected

chewitt

• Upstream kernels rely on EDID data on the HDMI connection to determine the resolutions available. So one of the following applies:

a) TV has bad EDID data

b) TV has bad HDMI sockets

b) HDMI cable has a problem

c) WP2 box has an HDMI hardware problem

The AMLGX image shows 1080p/4K resolutions fine on my WP2 box so I'm confident there's no software problem. You can try forcing the kernel DRM layer to output at 1080p with "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" in kernel boot params, but that's not a proper solution since you'll be forced to play everything at 60Hz (which doesn't give great results).

To prove whether the box, TV, or cables are at fault .. connect it to another TV, use a different socket, HDMI cable, etc.

NB: If the TV shows "DVI" I'd start with using a different HDMI socket.

• Knowing that the TV and cables themselves display the resolution correctly with LE 9.2 and Android tv WEOS 3.2

I will try changing the cable. What type of cable do you use and where is it sold?

You can try forcing the kernel DRM layer to output at 1080p with "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" in kernel boot params

How do I do that? How do I do that?

Edited once, last by belaid38: Merged a post created by belaid38 into this post. (October 22, 2023 at 9:09 AM).

• Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    cp /flash/uEnv.ini /flash/uEnv.original
    sed -i 's/quiet/quiet video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60/g' /flash/uEnv.ini
    mount -o remount,ro /flash
    reboot

^ That should force output to 1080p@60 .. or you'll get a black screen maybe /shrug

Run "dmesg | paste" and "modetest | paste" first, and share the URLs.

• Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    cp /flash/uEnv.ini /flash/uEnv.original
    sed -i 's/quiet/quiet video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60/g' /flash/uEnv.ini
    mount -o remount,ro /flash
    reboot

^ That should force output to 1080p@60 .. or you'll get a black screen maybe /shrug

Run "dmesg | paste" and "modetest | paste" first, and share the URLs.

is worked 1080p@60 put sound not work

and show DVI on TV

• The modetest output shows no EDID data. Either the TV doesn't advertise any, or there's a fault with the cable, or the box has a problem so it's not recieved. HDMI 1.4 cables will (or should) still pass EDID info.

• The modetest output shows no EDID data. Either the TV doesn't advertise any, or there's a fault with the cable, or the box has a problem so it's not recieved. HDMI 1.4 cables will (or should) still pass EDID info.

I tried the same cable and TV on LE 11 Pc intel or nvidia resolution is work all and edid work my Pc

• Plug something else into the same HDMI socket on the TV (PC or other HTPC or .. something). Any issue? If no issue, perhaps the HDMI socket on the WP2 is damaged. These are old boxes now (8-years) and faults like dry solder joints start to show up among users.

Otherwise .. /shrug

• For the record, here's the same logs from my WP2 box (connected to a Marantz AVR > LG-B7V TV) which has no problem with EDID data, and thus we have confidence it's not a general software problem (there's also a moderate number of active WP2 installs).

dmesg: http://ix.io/4JK0

modetest: http://ix.io/4JJZ

I really think there is a technical problem with my device ;( ;(

I was sure when I remembered that I had tried it before on kernel 4.18 and everything was working, displaying the image and sound. I reinstalled the same image that was working, but now the same problem came as the last image LE 11

This video is old, my previous experience when it was working EDID and 1920x1080

(12) libreelec 9 with kernel 4 18 for wetek play2 - YouTube

• I understand people still want to use WP2 boxes due to the DVB cards, but IMHO most users would be better off using them as a pure head-end (server) device and an RPi4 or RPi5 board as the client device as the software support is sooo much better.

• I think that edid Does not recognize audio data . This is why the image is displayed DVI

Is there a way to skip EDID ? Like a way /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap and aud_cap ...etc . Because this method works for me without image or sound problems and 1920x1080 with legacy kernel LE 9.2

Found this chip es7134lv in my carte mere wp2 I think it has to do with the sound . Could you be the cause of the problem? Because I removed it and turned on the device without it. The device works normally without it, nothing happened. I mean, as before, the sound and display work from Android et LE 9.2 but LE 11 screen DVI and not sound

• Found this chip es7134lv in my carte mere wp2 I think it has to do with the sound . Could you be the cause of the problem? Because I removed it and turned on the device without it. The device works normally without it, nothing happened. I mean, as before, the sound and display work from Android et LE 9.2 but LE 11 screen DVI and not sound

This is a DAC chip, which is responsible for the stereo analog sound on the A/V output (4-pin 3.5mm Jack), so it was completely unnecessary to desolder it.

I think you should simply change the type of the input in the menu of your display (from DVI to HDMI) and there would be sound immediately.

I also ran into something similar on my 22" LG Personal TV, and when I set it to HDMI, the sound came on as well.