Orange Pi Zero 2W

• Assuming H618 is a derivative of H616 (which is a reasonable assumption) the upstream kernel and u-boot need to gain support for the SoC before we can think about creating LE images for the board. Something can probably be done with downstream vendor sources, but that's for the Sunxi community to do; we have low/no interest in working with vendor sources.

• I just began developing H616 port (covers H313, H616 and H618). At first only Orange Pi Zero2 will be supported. Once that's usable, support will be expand, hopefully to Orange Pi Zero 2W too.

• I just began developing H616 port (covers H313, H616 and H618). At first only Orange Pi Zero2 will be supported. Once that's usable, support will be expand, hopefully to Orange Pi Zero 2W too.

Hi

Any progress?

I am happy to contribute as well, it's relatively easy for me to port stuff to Linux.

B.

• I rebased the branch and make sure that it builds. However, I noticed that OrangePi Zero 2W is officially supported from Linux v6.8, which is not yet released. This means you need also backport support for it and enable HDMI and GPU for it in DT.

• I updated above branch with OrangePi Zero2W target, but unfortunately it doesn't run. I need to solder serial console before I can continue debugging. Zero3 works fine though (without the audio). If anyone wants to experiment, build command is:

PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=aarch64 DEVICE=H618 UBOOT_SYSTEM=orangepi-zero2w make image

• so you need some kind of USB audio card

So, I've installed Libreelec to the Orange Pi Zero 3. Nothing works on the board, except Ethernet and one USB port, right?

It doesn't see bluetooth, wifi, extension board with two extra USB and even Type C next to the onboard Type A. If so, will it work with any USB hub? Because I need to connect external sound card, keyboard and mouse in the same time.

• And here is the demo of some artifacts in IPTV Simple Client.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Let me guess. That's HEVC codec, right? I know workaround in code (disabling AFBC), but that would likely prevent 4k@60 to work (actually not sure if it works now).

• Press "o" during playback and you'll get codec and rendering info. Sure, Android looks ok because it uses vendor drivers. Ones used here are not stable yet.