Droidbox T8-S Plus V2 - LibreELEC v20.2 Possible update?

• Hiya, I have a Droidbox T8-S Plus 2 with the latest firmware and LibreELEC 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6 Final) supplied by Droidbox.

I was wondering if LibreELEC v11.0.3 or CoreELEC v20.2 can now be used on this box as LibreELEC have re-introduce support for AMLOGIC supporting S905, S905X/D & S912 devices to stop older devices going to landfill.

It would be nice to bump up the Kodi Version up to the latest on this device rather than using 17.6

The specs are here

DroiX T8-S Plus v2 Gamer's Edition

I've seen a post for CoreELEC that will run on this device bumping kodi up to 18.6.

Could LibreELEC/CoreELEC be able to be bumped up to the latest bring Kodi up to version 20.2?

Thanks

• Thanks Chewitt for the info above.

I've managed to boot to the latest version via the SD Card using one of the gxbb images. Although the remote control that comes with the box doesn't work, which isn't a problem everything else has worked. I'll try another image and see if the remote works.

There is an error on boot, which I don't know what it's referring to

Failed to Startethmactool-config.service

Would there be away to write Libreelec it to the onboard flash so it doesn't have to keep booting from the SD card?

Thanks

• Would there be away to write Libreelec it to the onboard flash so it doesn't have to keep booting from the SD card?

In short, no, we would need the original u-boot sources from the vendor to extract needed boot files to build a dedicated image.

Have a read of this for the remote: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/…ration-advanced .. the article needs updating to reflect a move to "toml" format files. If you look at the existing .toml files in the filesystem (find / -name *.toml) you'll see the format is very slightly changed, but still easy to crib.