Flirc v2 and LibreELEC

• Not sure if this is the correct area of the forum.

I've installed LibreELEC on my Pi4 and its working fine. I now want to install the software for setting up the Flirc v2 on my Raspberry Pi4.
    How do I do this?

Flirc say its "super easy", it doesn't seem that to me !

Obviously, I download the Raspberry Pi4 software installer onto the Pi4, but how?

Do I install a basic copy of Raspbian onto the pi4 first, then installed the Flirc setup software and then reinstall LibreELEC?

I thought the Flirc USB was plug and Play, obviously not !

I'm using the Kodi/LibreELEC via a Pi4 to run a media player from. I'm using the Flirc to use a remote controller instead of a mouse.

• Flirc software needs a "desktop" OS to run the IR receiver setup app; Windows, macOS, or something like RaspiOS. There are some command line binaries/utils too, but last time I tried to run those they didn't work on LE - although I'll admint that was more than a few years ago now so things might have changed. I did try to download them and test before replying, but LE12 (which I'm using) uses aarch64 (64-bit) userspace and the tools are armhf (32-bit) so don't run - I've pinged Jason (who runs flirc) about that.

• Thanks Chewitt,

I'm in the middle of installing a RaspOS, and from then on, using Terminal to download the setup file.
    Just thought I could do this directly through LibreELEX, which obviously you can't.
    All part of learning !

• It would be nice to have a binary add-on that installs the command-line tools and make them accessible. The challenge historically is that flirc deliberately ships only pre-compiled versions of their binaries, and the way those are (not) versioned (and the lack of sources) would require us to break rules around the content we allow in our binary repo (only things compiled from source, and properly versioned). The workaround for that would be for flirc to run their own repo (to their own rules) and we could embed their repo installer in our repo instead, but that needs some new tricks to be learned on the flirc end. It's something I'll chat to Jason about.