LibreElec Sound out put too low

• Hi community.

I have an issue regarding sound out put from LibraElec being so much lower than other devices or installed OS's.

It seems to be specific to LibraElec as I have two systems now both running version 11.0.3 and the hardware is quite different in each case, one in the living room is using HDMI to an Arcam AVR and the other is just a very old AIO HP TouchSmart in the bedroom that relies on its in built speakers.

Before LibreElec I was running POPOS on both and I'd setup Kodi to auto launch. With this setup sound has all ways been at what I would call the correct level. Before I installed I imaged both machines to my NAS so that I can flip between installs. I'm constantly tinkering much to my wife's distress lol.

The living room machine I have just re-imaged back to LibreElec from POP. I have another machine connected to the AVR running Dephile music server and switching between the two while playing the same track it is clear that the Daphile machine is much louder and clearer (Both via HDMI). The out put is low no matter the content/source E.g. Films, FLAC, Addons

When I switch back to POP the sound levels are back to normal but I lose a lot of pass-though options due to pipewire/pulse audio. The HP AIO is not really an issue its just that I notice that I now have to have the volume up at 80% in order to hear it where as before we only needed it in the 30-40% to hear it. Which is why I'm thinking this is a spesific issue with LibreElec.

On the living room machine I have tried a multitude of different HMDI cables some certified some not and all different brands, both with the onboard Intel GFX, An AMD RX550 and with and with out my PlusEight CEC adapter. I have also tried a different HDMI port on the AVR but nothing makes any difference. Settings I have tried with Passthrough on/off and set out put to static 48Kz. i have tied many different configurations.

Now I have seen some other threads with similer/same issue and I have tried + on the keyboard on both systems to no avalie. I have to disconnect the CEC adapter on the living room machine in order to try + as otherwise it just turns up the amp. But when I do it shows the Kodi volume dial at max all ready.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more info regarding the setup then please ask.

Living Room

Intel i3 7100T

8GB DDR4

128Gb NVMe

Radion RX550 4GB

RX550 HDMI to Arcam AVR 550 HDMI to Panasonic TX55FX570B 4k@60Hz output (on board Intel 4k@30Hz when testing)

Bed Room

HP TouchSmart 300

AMD Athlon II x3 400e

4Gb DDR2

128Gb SATA SSD

• I guess it must just be me then that experienced this issue with low sound output!

If there is any one out there that dose get this issue, I solved it by moving away from LibraElec and on to Ubuntu Server.

Kodi no longer requires you to install a window manager and will start kodi with gbm so you still get HDR and audio pass-though which are the main reasons I was using LibraElec in the first place.

Google's your friend (for search results) and there are plenty of how to's for systemd and auto start scrips, plus ethtool for WOL.

I'm sure in the future I'll come back to LibraElec but for now my own custom install works better for my use case.