S912 Box T95R Pro

• Just to notify, i'm using the box in the title and is running Libreelec. But it was not easy (kinda)

For what I understad, it has to automatically chose the image but it does not. I had to edit the ini file and change the value to the correct one (q200/q201)

The autoscript is called s905 instead of s912 or autoscript... Just in case it may be something wrong around ther.

Is there something I could change for this to go back and automatically select the correct image or is there something from developer's side?

Thank you.

Now I'm configuring Kodi, WiFi worked from the start, but I still have no Bluetooth. (enabled it, but does not work)

• So i did it correctly then.... :)
    Then all was working fine. Until it didn't any more.

Is an S912 box with 2GB ram 1000bps Lan WiFi and Bluetooth,l if i'm not mistaken it has 16GB internal storage too.

Some days ago, I found out my tTV series collections was corrupt and was not finding new chapters, so I tried to reset to default, and WiFi stopped working.
    Is not connecting to anything, anymore.

Then, too late I started to look for help about the library and found out it was never going to work properly because of how the Kodi scrubbers work.

But now my tv-box can't connect to any other WiFi any longer, not even without encryption, which seems odd....
    Using it's original OS I can connect to any WiFi, so is not the device itself, is LibreElec
    Triied to find any solution, but none so far.

Display Spoiler

Prior to this, I was having "invalid-key" message aafter boot up, so I had to enable and disable WiFi 2 or 3 times (in the box) until it hooked. Strange thing, I tested with some other random dtb files and there was one that allowed WiFi to connect without hassle all the time. (can't remember wich)

• WiFi is conected via the SDIO bus which supports device discovery, so even if the device-tree file you're using describes a Broadcom wireless module (as is the case with all the generic reference designs) the bus is probed and if a Realtek device ID is found the correct driver will run, and as long as the firmware is available WiFi will work. BT is different; it's a serial UART device and requires device-tree to correctly describe the hardware, and if a Broadcom chip is the 'compatible' hardware described a Realtek chip doesn't work. The solution to that is creating a dedicated device-tree file for the box. It's not a particularly complicated process (fairly easy to copy/paste) but still requires you to then create kernel patches and self-build an LE image and most users aren't interested in having a go.

• Well, BT does not work either on Android, so I will assume chip is bad. Can't tell why becuase never used BT, but... don't care.

Now the thing is, LAN works correctly on Android but is not working under Libreelec.
    (yes, it took me all this time to throw a cable from the router to the TVBox... and i'm not meaning since August, but since a couple years ago when I started using the TVBox)

I've read undergigalan are not supported but this is a gigalan interface, already prooved it under Armbian. Will test tome other dtbs and see what may come.

• WiFi uses the SDIO bus which supports device discovery so as long as device-tree contains a reference to some form of WiFi device it will normally result in probing and the drivers being loaded. BT is a serial UART device so the're no discovery and device-tree needs to contain the right GPIO and compatible details for it to work. The Q200/Q201 device-trees both assume a Broadcom module. If you have something else e.g. QCA9377 then the details are wrong and .. it won't work. It's not too hard to create custom device-trees but if you need BT support the easiest option will be a $5 generic USB BT device from Amazon/eBay.