Does not work with my TV

• Hello, I'm a newbie here. Yesterday I downloaded and installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0.4.img.gz on a Zotac miniPC. After some dancing around it I got it to work finally on my computer monitor thru DVI. On my TV thru HDMI it shows blank screen only. Though I still can access it by SSH. The problem is always reproducible.The KODI.log says ERROR <general>: failed to initialize egl. I ran pastekodi and the output is here: http://ix.io/4Enc . Hope this helps and please help me. Maybe I need another video driver/version?

• OK, that's what I get:

LibreELEC:~/.update # wget http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.3.img.gz

Connecting to releases.libreelec.tv (164.92.230.217:80)

Connecting to releases.libreelec.tv (164.92.230.217:443)

Connecting to ftp.acc.umu.se (194.71.11.163:443)

wget: bad address 'chuangtzu.ftp.acc.umu.se'

LibreELEC:~/.update #

• Your device probably uses an LSPCon chip to convert the second DVI output to HDMI.

Those converters have known issues. I think that's why it's not working. Sorry, no solution.

• There's a warning message about unsupported ABI versions between Xorg and the nVidia driver, and EGL fails to initialise. Those are prob. related. Not sure what to suggest other than downgrading to old releases until you find something that works.

• Your device probably uses an LSPCon chip to convert the second DVI output to HDMI.

Those converters have known issues. I think that's why it's not working. Sorry, no solution.

I can check out the LSPCon version, if you give me the full description of the chip, so that I can google its datasheet.

• There's a warning message about unsupported ABI versions between Xorg and the nVidia driver, and EGL fails to initialise. Those are prob. related. Not sure what to suggest other than downgrading to old releases until you find something that works.

But it has

Code
    -ignoreABI"

option.

Personally I think it is more likely related to the infamouslibEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticatewhich is all over the internet related to this problem, but again, I'm just a newbie here (but not to UNIX)As to the LSPCon version (MCDP2850 DisplayPort1.2a to HDMI2.0 Level Shifter/Protocol Converter),  this hw is too old to have a Display Port.

• Now, just for a test I hooked it up thru HDMI to my other, newer TV and it showed picture! (But no sound :( So the problem is not in LSPCon. All the error and warning messages about EGL and DRI2 are still there, in the kodi.log - see attached http://ix.io/4EDJ

• Perhaps try adding "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" to the kernel boot params in /flash/syslinux.cfg .. "mount -o remount,rw /flash" to make the partition read-write first.

• Looks like I lost my SSH. Is there a way to get a shell thru the console, on my computer monitor with keyboard?

PS C:\Users\user> ssh -v 192.168.0.110

OpenSSH_for_Windows_8.1p1, LibreSSL 3.0.2

debug1: Connecting to 192.168.0.110 [192.168.0.110] port 22.

debug1: Connection established.

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_rsa type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ecdsa type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ed25519 type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ed25519-cert type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_xmss type -1

debug1: identity file C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_xmss-cert type -1

debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_for_Windows_8.1

debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_9.2

debug1: match: OpenSSH_9.2 pat OpenSSH* compat 0x04000000

debug1: Authenticating to 192.168.0.110:22 as 'vlad'

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received

debug1: kex: algorithm: curve25519-sha256

debug1: kex: host key algorithm: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256

debug1: kex: server->client cipher: [email protected] MAC: <implicit> compression: none

debug1: kex: client->server cipher: [email protected] MAC: <implicit> compression: none

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_ECDH_REPLY

debug1: Server host key: ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 SHA256:LhA9tcAD+JtlP9ep6vlh/6e74XExxQ/AeYDjpPGoGBg

debug1: Host '192.168.0.110' is known and matches the ECDSA host key.

debug1: Found key in C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/known_hosts:1

debug1: rekey out after 134217728 blocks

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent

debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received

debug1: rekey in after 134217728 blocks

debug1: pubkey_prepare: ssh_get_authentication_socket: No such file or directory

debug1: Will attempt key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Will attempt key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_dsa

debug1: Will attempt key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ecdsa

debug1: Will attempt key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ed25519

debug1: Will attempt key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_xmss

debug1: SSH2_MSG_EXT_INFO received

debug1: kex_input_ext_info: server-sig-algs=<ssh-ed25519,[email protected],ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521,[email protected],[email protected],ssh-dss,ssh-rsa,rsa-sha2-256,rsa-sha2-512>

debug1: kex_input_ext_info: [email protected] (unrecognised)

debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive

debug1: Next authentication method: publickey

debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_rsa

debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_dsa

debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ecdsa

debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_ed25519

debug1: Trying private key: C:\\Users\\user/.ssh/id_xmss

debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive

debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive

debug1: No more authentication methods to try.

[email protected]: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

PS C:\Users\user>

Perhaps try adding "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" to the kernel boot params in /flash/syslinux.cfg .. "mount -o remount,rw /flash" to make the partition read-write first.

OK, I did a 'soft reset' and it restored SSH access. Now, can you be more specific? Should I add "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" as the last line to /flash/syslinux.cfg? There's no help and its format looks different. And where do I put "mount -o remount,rw /flash"? There's no /etc/fstab?

P. S. I'm afraid also it won't solve the 'No Sound' problem either.

Edited 2 times, last by VladC: Merged a post created by VladC into this post. (August 30, 2023 at 7:30 AM).

• We support it, we just have other things to do sometimes. :P

That's what I meant by thanking you. I remember that when I was supporting a commerical UNIX box (paid) it was different... well, maybe I'll give your OS another chance before Win7.

• Code
    Aug 27 07:07:41.915077 LibreELEC kernel: usb usb1-port2: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

Please try without the USB hub.

Don't have it. The only USB thing I had was a Logitech keyboard combo, with the USB dongle plugged in and the keyboard possibly was out of range (in another room).