How to fix Python incompatibility issues

• I am new to the LibreElec/Kodi environment, but I have tried to run Kodi directly on Raspberry OS and also on OSMC and I keep getting the same errors when trying to install add-ons.

I am now trying the LibreElec solution with Kodi and am disappointed to find out that the same issues are occurring on this more updated version of KODI. Now on 20.01.

Is there some documentation that someone can point me to that gives a simple-to-understand and implement solution to this issue, please???

Thanks

JohnW

• Python version is compiled into LE. So you can't change the Python version on LE. You can only downgrade LE.

If you're disappointed with the situation, ask the add-on developer to compile with a newer Python.

• ejwjohn - since Kodi 19 (Matrix) Feb 2021, 20 (Nexus) - Python 3 is used. Previously releases of Kodi used Python2. I would expect that all current addons will have been updated by now, or there will be a newer similar in function Python3 compatible available.

• Python version is compiled into LE. So you can't change the Python version on LE. You can only downgrade LE.

If you're disappointed with the situation, ask the add-on developer to compile with a newer Python.

Understand, the reason i asked for help is some of the add-ons impacted would appear to be popular for example uTube and OpenVPN ( to use with NordVPN)

Thanks.

JohnW

• Understand, the reason i asked for help is some of the add-ons impacted would appear to be popular for example uTube and OpenVPN ( to use with NordVPN)

Use our search function (magnifier icon) with "YouTube" or "VPN" as keywords.

Pro tip: Start your search from the forums main page to search in all sub-forums.