How to modify the mount permissions for Hard Disk

• Hello, i am running nextcloud docker in libreelec. Everything is working fine. Now, I have mounted hard disk in libreelec and trying to access it from nextclound (mounted as volume in docker). But nextcloud could not be able to write into hard disk as drive is accessible only to root user and nextcloud uses www-data as user. Is it possible to mount my hard disk with 777 permissions? Also, Libreelec does not support creating users and groups.

Please provide any other suggestions to access the drive from nextcloud.

• I am currently on official nextcloud image deployed using docker-compose file (through portainer).
    The following is the deployment configuration.

• I am currently on official nextcloud image deployed using docker-compose file (through portainer).
    The following is the deployment configuration.

BTW, VENKAT_1, VENKAT_2 are exFAT file systems and the following are the file permissions.

• venkatmakam

For almost all the docker containers that I have on my LibreELEC server that interact with the operating system, I use the following parameters for docker creation command in their creation as the 'root' user:

-e PUID=0 \

-e PGID=0 \

either

--user 0:0 \

• I'm noticing that your compose file has "- PUID= 0" not "- PUID=0" .. notice the space after the = .. Yaml files are sensitive to formatting.

I'd also recommend switching the drive to ext4 as exFAT does not support unix permissions (hence everything is 777)

• Thanks for the responses. I have formatted the device to NTFS (as I wanted to use the device in windows also) and i am able to chmod the directories and able to write from nextcloud.

Just one question, is it possible to mount exFAT drive entirely with (umask 000), by modifying the udevil mount configuration?