Venztech Venz V12 Ultra (Amlogic S912) device tree DTB

• Hello,

I am trying to run LE 11 on Venz V12 Ultra ( http://web.archive.org/web/2021051519…ducts/v12-ultra ) but I cannot find the right DTB file.

Previously, I run LE 8.2.5 on this device (VenzV12ultra-LE8.2.5.device_tree_dtb file attached). Now I run corelec 9.2.8. (VenzV12ultra-Corelec8.2.5.device_tree_dtb file attached).

With LE 11 and included meson-gxm-q201.dtb the device starts, kodi loads, but wired network is not working (wireless works) and it does not play any movie (either hangs or display color distortion).

Does anybody have a correct device tree for LE 11 on Venz V12 Ultra please?

Venz V12 Ultra

Chipset / Processor

Amlogic S912-H / Octa Core ARM 64-bit Cortex A53 up to 2GHz

GPU

Dual core ARM Mali-T820 up to 750MHz(DVFS)

Memory

3GB DDR4

Internal storage

16GB eMMC Flash

• Stick with the q200 dtb if that works for Ethernet. Now put Kodi into debug mode and run "pastekodi" after demonstrating a video that doesn't work right and share the URL generated.

• When the Kodi is not in debug mode and I try to play a movie it crashes the way I am not able to ping the device, even the numlock led on keyboard is not working.

When I switch the kodi to debug and try to play the same movie, it does not hang. The video is even played. But only until I skip a few seconds, than it display color distortion and hangs after some time, or just hangs immdiately (can be stopped thought).

Also, it is a strange thing that when I start the LE and than change the source on my receiver (Venz box is connected by HDMI to the receiver and receiver by HDMI to the TV) to other source and back to Venz, i don't see the LE anymore, just a blue screen.

http://ix.io/4B4r

EDIT: It is not as I wrote, it just sometimes works and sometimes hangs, not related to debug mode.

Edited once, last by kibkib (July 21, 2023 at 8:22 AM).

• Seeking in HEVC media has flaws and some hangs are inevitable (as you found, stop and restart playback generally works). I can't explain the source changing issue, but I don't see problems with source changes on any of the boards I test with and my own receiver, and it's not something other users are reporting against AMLGX images.

Someone is rewriting HEVC support, but until I see code to test I can't say whether that's a solution, and there's no timeline.