Steam

• Hi everyone,

How about Steam? Are there plans to integrate steam into LibreELEC?
    I think, a huge amount of users would look forward see steam support for libreelec.

greetings,

tbol.inq

• Official Post

Hi everyone,

How about Steam? Are there plans to integrate steam into LibreELEC?
    I think, a huge amount of users would look forward see steam support for libreelec.

greetings,

tbol.inq

Not really possible. LibreELEC is 64 bit only and doesn't support multilib.

There is a chance using docker to get it to work, but I've have limited success from what I've tried.

• Not really possible. LibreELEC is 64 bit only and doesn't support multilib.

There is a chance using docker to get it to work, but I've have limited success from what I've tried.

Could it be utilized if run under CHROOT ? on devices , ie running chroot ubuntu under LibreElec
    i was about to post this as a question for wetek play but it may help the OP to get steam on his device if it is possible :)

• Not really possible. LibreELEC is 64 bit only and doesn't support multilib.

I also like the idea of steam within libreelec. Specially with the upcoming game section / retro player.
    Is support for multiblib impossible? Or is there hope to have multilib and steam one day?

Edited once, last by NeroBoron (May 10, 2016 at 9:41 AM).

• In my opinion it defeats the purpose of LibreElec if other major options are supported.

LibreElec is meant as a minimal system to run Kodi. If there are add-ons or docker packages, that is fine. As long as the base of LibreElec stays minimal.

If you want more options, you are better off using a suitable light Linux system so you can install any software you want.

Just my opinion.

Edited once, last by Nailig (May 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM).