[Orange Pi 3 LTS] Freezes

• frakkin64 I devised a patch for reparenting. It's as simple as http://ix.io/4ItK (just build tested). Not sure about delay though. It may be too low (manual mentions 20 us). What I found interesting is that D1 CCU driver also reparents CPU during frequency switch, even though D1 user manual also claims that DVFS is supported on that clock. Would you try it?

• frakkin64 I devised a patch for reparenting. It's as simple as http://ix.io/4ItK (just build tested). Not sure about delay though. It may be too low (manual mentions 20 us). What I found interesting is that D1 CCU driver also reparents CPU during frequency switch, even though D1 user manual also claims that DVFS is supported on that clock. Would you try it?

I have been running for just about 3 days with schedutil governor, no freezing, no problems at all. It looks to me you found the cause of the freezing with this patch. Thank you so much for helping solve this.

• I have been running for just about 3 days with schedutil governor, no freezing, no problems at all.

Glad to hear it. I have wondered if you forget to report :D But I assumed silence is good in this case.

It looks to me you found the cause of the freezing with this patch.

Great, I'll submit it as a fix, not only to LE, but in mainline Linux in general. If you don't mind, I would submit it with your "Reported-by:" and "Tested-by:" tags (you can give them to me via PM, but in the end, they will be publicly visible in commit message).

Thank you so much for helping solve this.

I think thanks goes to you, with your insane amount of testing. I just chimed in with ideas.

P.S. I make a few more improvements in nightly LE12 images. Network related patch is reverted and there is also a bugfix for ocassional DRAM init issue and possible HEVC decoding issue. On top of that, there is full 10-bit display pipeline support and GPU DVFS.

If only we can figure OPi 3 LTS network issue now :)

• Great, I'll submit it as a fix, not only to LE, but in mainline Linux in general. If you don't mind, I would submit it with your "Reported-by:" and "Tested-by:" tags (you can give them to me via PM, but in the end, they will be publicly visible in commit message).

Sent via PM.

P.S. I make a few more improvements in nightly LE12 images. Network related patch is reverted and there is also a bugfix for ocassional DRAM init issue and possible HEVC decoding issue. On top of that, there is full 10-bit display pipeline support and GPU DVFS.

I saw those commits, planning to re-build and run with that next week. I may have seen the DRAM init issue, if that is the one that causes the device not to boot, it always happens a while after I have disconnected the serial console. But this is honestly a nice little device, and it's a real bargain with an eMMC.

• Recently we spoke about many issues in clock driver. Guess what, I found one. HDMI clock isn't set correctly. That's why I have troubles with some displays, in this case LG TV. It seems that monitors are more forgiving, but fps would suffer.

• Recently we spoke about many issues in clock driver. Guess what, I found one. HDMI clock isn't set correctly. That's why I have troubles with some displays, in this case LG TV. It seems that monitors are more forgiving, but fps would suffer.

Ha, yeah multisync monitors are crazy nowadays in what they support. I am using an older LG TV as well with the Allwinner device, but it's a pretty old TV (1080p, pre-SmartTV), it won't give up the ghost yet -- I'm also just running it at 60Hz because I keep forgetting to turn on adjust refresh rates and whitelist modes.

• hello again, just reporting my experience.

since i updated from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5 freezes almost stopped, became very rare, but after update to 11.0.6 they are back again. i decide to donwgrade to 11.0.5 and incan confirm that freezes vanishes in a 99% in compared to 0.4 or 0.6 versions, i have done this "up and down cycle" 3 times with same result.

all the updates/downgrades were made not with a fresh install.

• Today I installed a night build with Kodi 21.0-Omega. Both Iptv and Youtube work stably. WiFi/Bluetooth - usb (Realtek RTL8821CU)

Code
    #lsusb
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0bda:c820 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac NIC

Wi-Fi & Bluetooth - work fine.

Load when watching Iptv - https://i.imgur.com/tEFA2XQ.png

The system has not been Freezes yet.

Edited 2 times, last by VyacheslavS (April 7, 2024 at 6:33 PM).