[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• It doesn't work, I can't boot on the SD card. I see the boot logo and then it enters the recovery menu (same as picture in attachment). I tried that hundred times, no matter what I do, it always enters the recovery menu with the toothpick method and never boots from my SD card :(

In thread-5556.html , there is a paragraph mentioning that I should put a dtb.img at the root of the SD card :

Is this still true for AFL1 builds ? Can I take them from Index of /s905/device_trees/ ?

Thanks

Have you ever tried to burn SD with my image?
    In my builds is dtb.img for KI Plus already included in SD image. Kszaq's device trees you can use only for test as there is no description for internal tuner.

• Hi,

My K II Pro is freezing nearly every time I use it.
    This is the screen when the box kills itself, and as you can see on the MUTE symbol from my TV,
    there is a really annoying crackling sound, when this screen shows.

There is no SSH access possible, when the box does this.
    So no log :(

I've installed the newest build to NAND/eMMC, but used the dtb from "For KII Pro replace device tree blob (dtb.img) with KII_Pro.zip", because there was no hint which dtb to use with 8.0.1e for KII Pro?
    Should I update the DTB somehow?!

afl1, do you know this issue and maybe how to fix it?

• Have you ever tried to burn SD with my image?
    In my builds is dtb.img for KI Plus already included in SD image. Kszaq's device trees you can use only for test as there is no description for internal tuner.

Yes I also tried your own images. Same thing. Toothpick method doesn't boot the SD card, it goes directly to the menu depicted in the attached picture of my previous post.

• Yes I also tried your own images. Same thing. Toothpick method doesn't boot the SD card, it goes directly to the menu depicted in the attached picture of my previous post.

I am using Win32DiskImager for burning SD card.
    Finally try to reflash original android image to fix all booting and disk issues.

• If I was seeing graphical corruption like that on a PC I'd say the GPU/GPU's memory was dying or not being cooled correctly.

I had this immediately after powering on for 3 times now, shouldn't be a cooling issue then?
    And the box is only 2 or 3 days old.

So how to find the issue?! I thought it could be something from wrong dtb,
    but didn't find anything newer as for 8.0.1a build?

• I had this immediately after powering on for 3 times now, shouldn't be a cooling issue then?
    And the box is only 2 or 3 days old.

So how to find the issue?! I thought it could be something from wrong dtb,
    but didn't find anything newer as for 8.0.1a build?

dtb is only hw description, there are no changes. It look line HW issue. Have you tested box with android?

• dtb is only hw description, there are no changes. It look line HW issue. Have you tested box with android?

Not that long, but worked in android for at least that few hours.
    There were no issues so far.

Should I flash android to internal memory again and try on mSD card? (Can I flash android back to internal via mSD?)

Edited once, last by lama0900 (April 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM).

• Not that long, but worked in android for at least that few hours.
    There were no issues so far.

Should I flash android to internal memory again and try on mSD card? (Can I flash android back to internal via mSD?)

Put android .zip update on empty SD card. Use toothpick method to go in recovery mode.

Edited once, last by afl1 (April 11, 2017 at 2:36 PM).

• Have you ever tried to burn SD with my image?

Just to make sure I am not doing something stupid here.

In VideoStrong K1 Plus, there are 4 USB ports and a slot for SD Card. I supppose that it boots on the SD slot, not on the USB ports, right ?

I also tried Win32 Disk Imager, I burnt the .img (after gunzip, since Win32 Disk Imager accepts only img files), and then I inserted the SD card in the SD slot of the box. Then toothpick method. But still same result : it enters recovery mode.

I also tried your suggestion : install Android first and then do the whole procedure again. Same result.

I have no more ideas. Please help :(

• Put android .zip update on empty SD card. Use toothpick method to go in recovery mode.

Could my problem related to HDMI cable?
    Frist I used the short one, packaged for playing around in android.
    Then I used an old one, which is longer. Now tried with the packaged again.
    For now it works...

Edited once, last by lama0900 (April 11, 2017 at 5:43 PM).

• Could my problem related to HDMI cable?
    Frist I used the short one, packaged for playing around in android.
    Then I used an old one, which is longer. Now tried with the packaged again.
    For now it works...

Ok. Felt happy too early.
    Seems to be a HW issue, since it happened now again and happens now also in android.
    Nearly every time, when I use the box. Sometimes immediately after boot, sometimes later.
    Sadly, I opened the device to look for a problem (bent pins from HF-Tuner-Board) but nothing.
    But now I cannot return the device either, because there was a sign on one screw.

Thank you for your support....

• Flashing rom from recovery also doesnt work, reported on my s8x2 thread by users, they also end up in recovery after flash but procedure finishes ok.

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 12, 2017 at 3:47 PM).

• Ok. Felt happy too early.
    Seems to be a HW issue, since it happened now again and happens now also in android.
    Nearly every time, when I use the box. Sometimes immediately after boot, sometimes later.
    Sadly, I opened the device to look for a problem (bent pins from HF-Tuner-Board) but nothing.
    But now I cannot return the device either, because there was a sign on one screw.

Thank you for your support....

You can buy cheap K1 Plus without internal tuner to replace motherboard:
    Videostrong K1 Plus Amlogic S905 Android TV Box Unboxing and Teardown

Edited once, last by afl1 (April 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM).

• So the tunerboard is 100% the same and working? I read something about be that it might be the same, but don't find the source anymore :D

Nowhere in stock :cry:

Does somebody have a K1 plus with defective tuner board? :D :cool: ;)

Use mr. Google. Still possible to buy from China.

• So the tunerboard is 100% the same and working? I read something about be that it might be the same, but don't find the source anymore :D

Nowhere in stock :cry:

Does somebody have a K1 plus with defective tuner board? :D :cool: ;)

32700255877.html
    or contact this user, his have problem in tuner, the kii pro have same tuner

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.