Should I upgrade to v10/v11 on RPi3?

• I'm confused about the update messaging on the main downloads area and am seeking clarification. I have a RPi3B1.2. I don't have any 4K content; everything is either 720p or 1080p. No content is h265. I wanted to get the new TheTVDB v4 plugin but it was not available for Libreelec v9.

The update notes seem to indicate I should not upgrade to v10/v11 because I'll lose hardware h264 decoding? Is that correct? If I upgrade to v10 or v11, my Pi will perform worse?

Thanks for clarifying.

• h264 files will play fine, only h265 decoding was dropped.

If you have a spare SD card best do a clean LE11 install and give it a try yourself.

so long,

Hias

• I'm confused about the update messaging on the main downloads area and am seeking clarification. I have a RPi3B1.2. I don't have any 4K content; everything is either 720p or 1080p. No content is h265. I wanted to get the new TheTVDB v4 plugin but it was not available for Libreelec v9.

The update notes seem to indicate I should not upgrade to v10/v11 because I'll lose hardware h264 decoding? Is that correct? If I upgrade to v10 or v11, my Pi will perform worse?

Thanks for clarifying.

Hi, I'm using 3x RPi3 with LE, two with the LE.11.0.1 stable and one with LE12 beta (20230612 - now). I'm not a "heavy user", net-radio, some live TV, watching movie sometimes, and didn't noticed any significant issue compared with the "old" LE9. The early versions (LE10 and 11 too) had some issues, almost all fixed till now. This is my experience, you should proceed as "HiassofT" recommended, install to a spare SD card and try it. If you don't have another SD card, create a backup image with installed LE9 (search for "win32diskimager") before to install the new one.