docker addon - docker service not starting after upgrade to libreelec 11

• Hi,

My docker addon is not behaving OK after upgrade from LE 10 to LE 11 (generic x86)

tried reinstalling it, same thing...

tried deleting .pid file, still not starting

the logs of the docker daemon say this is the reason why it failed:

failed to start containerd: timeout waiting for containerd to start

I dont have containerd service, dont know if it should be there?

when i try to execute "containerd" from the shell, it says its running...also when I execute "dockerd" it says its running..

but does not want to run as a service..

the strange thing is that "docker ps" command works, and containers are running. but I notice they get restarted sometimes....so the environment is not stable without docker daemon I guess...

here is my docker.service

[Unit]

Description=Docker Application Container Engine

Documentation=https://docs.docker.com

After=network.target

[Service]

Type=idle

Environment=PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin

ExecStartPre=/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker-config

EnvironmentFile=-/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/config/docker.conf

ExecStart=/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/dockerd --exec-opt native.cgroupdriver=systemd \

--log-driver=journald \

--group=root \

$DOCKER_DAEMON_OPTS \

$DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTS

ExecReload=/bin/kill -s HUP $MAINPID

TasksMax=8192

LimitNOFILE=1048576

LimitNPROC=1048576

LimitCORE=infinity

TimeoutStartSec=0

Restart=on-abnormal

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Alias=docker.service

EDIT:

i found another service called service.system.docker.service

this is the correct service that is actually running, I dont know why its created under this name...

so I deleted docker.service, as he was trying to start the docker deamon again, creating mess..

Edited once, last by vanja (May 10, 2023 at 6:55 PM).

• The same problem was causing me headaches today aswell.

I think this is a bug and should be fixed.

LibreELEC is creating two identical systemd-entries for the same service (both are symlinks to the same service). The second one is unsuccesfull because there's already a PID. As soon as you have another service dependent on docker, nothing works.

4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 83 Apr 18 17:09 docker.service -> /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker//system.d/service.system.docker.service
    4 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 83 Apr 18 17:09 service.system.docker.service -> /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker//system.d/service.system.docker.service