HDMI audio output device(s) disappeared

• Hi, I'm using Libreelec 10.0.4 on a raspberry pi 4 8gb

I nearly finished my setup after hours of fiddling. But after I installed some add-ons today suddenly all the HDMI audio output devices in the Kodi settings are gone and I'm now left with only the headphones (which I enabled via the config.txt before) and Bluetooth as audio output. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Audio Profiles add-on I installed from the Kodi add-on repository. At least I recognized it afterwards and it was the only audio output related add-on I installed today.

Before everything was working fine and I had multiple hdmi audio output options.

I already reinstalled the add-on, uninstalled it, rebooted, tried to change the audio output device to hdmi in the guisettings.xml and searched for hours in the internet for a solution, but couldn't find a fitting one.

The weirdest thing is, if I reboot the sound is played over hdmi but as soon as I go to settings/audio (not doing anything else) the sound is gone and the audio output device is still bcm 2835 headphones.

Please could someone help me, I don't want to do the whole setup all over again. ||

• Probably a corrupted profile.json of the Audio Profiles add-on

remove it's settings directory ,reboot and set it up again..

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.audio.profiles

if that doesn't work

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.audio.profiles && rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
  • Btw. I'm not the most advanced Kodi or Linux user so please be as precise as possible :angel:

So I tried deleting the directory over sftp, but it didn't exist anymore because I already uninstalled the add-on

I reinstalled it, to see what's in there, but there's only a settings.xml

• Okay I solved the problem by doing a backup with the backup addon (after the problem occured), a fresh Libreelec install and restoring everything except the config folder and guisettings....so I "only" had to do all the settings again.

Anyways today the issue came up again and after some troubleshooting I could definitely identify the snapclient add-on to be the source of the problem and not the audio profiles add-on.

I was setting up a snapserver/client when it happened and I think I installed these add-ons as well, when it first happened. So the problem must have only been solved because some add-ons don't work properly after restoring a backup and have to be reinstalled.

Uninstalling the snapclient and rebooting brings back all the lost audio output devices.

After doing some research about how to get the snapserver/client running properly I found this thread

FHoevi
    March 5, 2022 at 4:41 PM

which describes the same Problem

So the problem seems to already be there for a long time.

Isn't there anyone with a running snapserver/client setup, who can give instructions how to set it up correctly and how to solve the audio issue? ...Please? :shy: