Intel NUC 11 - Harmony Remote and Keyboard no longer work as usual

• Intel NUC Model: NUC11TNKi3

Both my Harmony 665 and Logitech wireless keyboard worked flawlessly with my old 2013 NUC (DC53427HYE) but have lost functionality with the new NUC. I can see the Remote needing some new keymapping, but I can't get my keyboard to work most of the Kodi functions at all. I asked this over at the Intel Forum, but in case no one answers, maybe someone here could help. Shouldn't the keyboard always work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 2 times, last by blueribb (May 20, 2023 at 9:44 PM).

• Regarding the USB keyboard you need to get more information what is causing the problem.

Best start with wired keyboard and test in any available USB port.

Repeat with the wireless keyboard. Please keep in mind that for best transmission the keyboard should "see" the USB dongle.

• Regarding the USB keyboard you need to get more information what is causing the problem.

Best start with wired keyboard and test in any available USB port.

Repeat with the wireless keyboard. Please keep in mind that for best transmission the keyboard should "see" the USB dongle.

I tested with a wired and wireless keyboard. They both work exactly the same. Only a few keys work correctly. There has to be a way to communicate properly with this new NUC. My old NUC worked fine.

• Nah - I spent an entire day trying to figure this out. It's time to call it quits. This is a fresh install on a brand new NUC. Something's borked in the new NUC.

I installed 11.0 and 11.0.1 and have the same problem. The letter C works since it's part of my "pictures" folder, but it won't open the context menu to delete a video.

• Oh boy...

Da Flex - Thanks for your help, but I'll pass. I'm 72 and don't have the patience to dive into this. The default keymaps should have worked with my new rig. By the way, there was nothing that I could see in keymaps using your instructions above. My older NUC's worked fine out of the box. I did have to program some keys on my Logitech Harmony 665 for specific functions, but keyboards always worked as expected. Since the keyboard is useless with this new NUC, I am going to assume the fault is the NUC.

• Update: I sent the NUC11TNKi3 back for a refund and received a NUC8i5BEK. Works perfectly out of the box. No problems with keyboard or remote control. This thread can now be closed.