Intel NUC 11 - Audio shuts off

• I have been running a really old Intel NUC (from 2013) with great results. It was showing signs of failing, so I just bought a 1 year old NUC at half price and thought I got a great deal - well, that was until I ran across the infamous "NUC 11 No Audio Syndrome". GUI sounds, music and some DD videos play great with perfect sound. Once I select a DTS - HD Master Audio file or another HD audio file, the sound shuts off. At this point, even GUI sounds are gone. A reboot brings them back though. After searching the forums, it seems I'm not alone. Those other threads were never resolved. Is this a problem that will eventually get fixed?

Old NUC: DC53427HYE (i5-3427U)

New NUC: NUC11TNKi3 (i3-1115G4) hdmi 2.0b

My NUC connects to a 3 year old Yamaha AVR (RX-A780), which connects to an old Sony TV (KDL-46XBR6)

LE 11.0.1

Edited once, last by blueribb (May 19, 2023 at 8:37 PM).

• It's fixed!

I got a reply from the Intel Forum. The member said to try HDMI port #2 on the NUC11, and that this is a known issue when using HDMI port #1.

Since there are many, many audio related threads affecting later model NUCs, would it be possible to spread this tip to them all?