No WiFi at MXQ PRO 4K 5G

• At first glance, it works well. :thumbup:

Did the driver load itself at boot, or did you start it manually with modprobe?

In the meantime, I backported the persistent journal option to 9.2.8.10, so you can now send me a full system log.

You can turn this on under Settings -> LibreELEC Settings -> System -> Logging.

This setting requires a reboot, after that please send a link generated by journalctl | paste. Thanks.

• someoneelse

The "new" version (2022) S805-based MXQ box has also arrived for me, and quite a lot points to an inconsistent design:

• The control of the blue LED (GPIOAO_13) is not handled by uboot, so a kernel patch is needed. Although the absence of a blue LED light when the box is turned on is rather an advantage.
    • The remote GPIO pin is the same (GPIOAO_7), but something different happens during shutdown. When tested on UART, it seems that the device stays on even when turned off under Android, and simply restarts by pressing the button on the remote control. This is not exactly the best solution and indicates a lack of another uboot feature.
    • The clock signal of the SDIO bus is limited from 50 MHz to 37.5 MHz. This may also be related your SD card R/W errors, IDK.
    • The MAC address of the Ethernet is not burned into the efuse, so even under Android it gets a different address during every boot. This is quite annoying.

I originally planned a separate build for this device, but unfortunately it makes no sense. It would make more sense to compile a bootloader without the above issues. :(

PS: Regardless, the RTL8723AS wireless chip works perfectly, and it has already been included in the stable version 9.2.8.10. So now you can safely turn on the automatic update again.

• Regardless, the RTL8723AS wireless chip works perfectly, and it has already been included in the stable version 9.2.8.10. So now you can safely turn on the automatic update again.

Thanks. Really works perfectly.

P.S. HDMI-CEC also doesn't work. Nothing can be done about it? :) The biggest inconvenience when using a TV box is to replug the power supply every time to turn it on.

• Thanks. Really works perfectly.

P.S. HDMI-CEC also doesn't work. Nothing can be done about it? :) The biggest inconvenience when using a TV box is to replug the power supply every time to turn it on.

I made a dump from the eMMC, and after a short analysis I found out who could be the author of this ROM (M8-20221108).

I will try to contact him, and if he replies, maybe we can move forward from this point. ;)

Edit:

In the meantime, it seems that I managed to burn in the MAC address, which is on the label at the bottom of the box.

^ However, this should have been done by the distributor, not the end user... :P

• Unfortunately, the Android ROM developer ( willie.xu ) didn't respond to my numerous inquiries, so I might end up trying to compile my own uboot for this box, to fixing these errors, if that's possible. (I haven't done this before, so it might not work.)

But CEC will probably never work because it doesn't seem to even be physically connected.

At least I have a small sense of success that I was able to carve out a hole for the UART socket at the bottom of the box:

So don't have to leave this piece of garbage all the time disassembled... 8o

• (M8)Baby steps...

Commits · dtechsrv/u-boot
    UBoot for AML CPUs. Contribute to dtechsrv/u-boot development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

But the KMQN10006B-B318 chip on the PCB, which is an eMMC+LPDDR2 RAM hybrid IC, is pretty insane stuff without any documentation to be found. I'm done with the memory timings, but the system won't start at the moment. (It's booted, but there's still work to be done.)