Headless Kodi Control

• I would like to upgrade the audio system in my old vehicle. I have a cassette based FM stereo in the dash that I don't want to change. The FM and amp are fine. (AC/heating controls are blended in too) There is also a 6 pack cd player in the console, between the front l & r bucket seats. Because the two units are separate, I'd like to pull the CD player and drop in a new digital player in its place. I have not pulled the CD unit yet, but we can guess we will find audio input wires to the amp, power wires, and wires for the CD player controls.

Therein lies the issue. I still want to use the play, skip track, skip CD buttons to control Kodi. Kodi will be running headless.

Does Kodi offer an interface that would allow me to use the dash board controls to control a headless Kodi? The functions on the dash would be remapped to ones useful, like a remote control, possibly with an arduino to navigate Kodi in a rudimentary way.

Thanks

• Some RPi type of hardware for LE, right? You could write a script, similar to a GPIO power button script. Then connect some CD buttons to GPIO pins.