Restore from backup didn't preserve permissions on SSH keys

• Aaargh - after doing some work getting some new skin code to work on the LE Nightly, I used the restore function of the Backup plugin to quickly wipe/reset my changes.

Turns out the plugin doesn't (or can't ?) honour the permissions settings of /storage/.cache/ssh/

Now I can't get back into console as the SSHD bails after complaining the permissions are too open.

It's late, and my brain isn't working properly any more - is there *any* way or workaround to change the permissions via the UI/file-manager or local keyboard access ?

Or otherwise get a local console going, since there's a keyboard and mouse connected to the machine.

I'm on the Generic Nightly, & CTRL+ALT+F3 doesn't work, neither does the web-console from systemtools addon.

Any advice welcome as I'm clearly too tired to be thinking coherently :/

• You are correct, system backups do not include the .cache directory and this allows the restore to be done on another device.

My custom backups are run from the 'cron' service every three days and include everything:

cd /media/<my-external-hdd>/.backups/le-backup/ && tar -cvf $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).tar \

--exclude=Thumbnails --exclude=.thumbnails --exclude=.acestream_cache --exclude=temp --exclude=tmp \

/storage/.kodi /storage/.cache /storage/.config /storage/.fluxbox /storage/.ssh

• Never mind - booted from a some linux live OS USB stick and did it from console there.

Told you I was too tired - once I accepted that I had spent *waaaay* too long trying to futz around doing it with only LibreElec/Kodi things and dug out the bag of random USB stuff it took 2 minutes ||