WiFi and compilation error while building 7.0.2

• Hello,
    I try to get my WiFi stick running:
    Amazon.com: AUKEY WiFi Adapter, 150Mbps USB Wireless Adapter and Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista: Computers & Accessories
    (AUKEY WiFi & Bluetooth stick)

It's a RTL8723 internally.

I think I have to compile a homebrew version of LibreELEC to get it working.

I followed this guide:
    Compile - LibreELEC

Code
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/clean linux
    rm -rf /home/user/.ccache-libreelec/
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make clean

PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm tools/download-tool
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image

I edited the file
    projects/RPi2/linux/linux.arm.conf

-# CONFIG_RTL8XXXU is not set
    +CONFIG_RTL8XXXU=y

The compilation stops with the following error:

Code
    In file included from /home/umueller/code/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2/gcc-5.3.0/gcc/cp/except.c:1023:0:
    cfns.gperf: In function 'const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned int)':
    cfns.gperf:101:1: error: 'const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned int)' redeclared inline with 'gnu_inline' attribute
    cfns.gperf:26:14: note: 'const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned int)' previously declared here
    cfns.gperf: At global scope:
    cfns.gperf:26:14: warning: inline function 'const char* libc_name_p(const char*, unsigned int)' used but never defined
    Makefile:1065: recipe for target 'cp/except.o' failed

There is a known problem with this particular version of gcc.

What should I do to get to a working version of LibreELEC (including a working WiFi stick)?

Bye
    muebau

• I'm still building official things on 16.04 which works fine as I created a 7.0.2-ish image yesterday. We're not really interested in trying to solve custom build issues on the 7.0 branch as Jarvis is basically a closed book now, but if you create a Krypton build (master branch) it will use gcc 6.2 which might sidestep the version issue. Despite the 'Alpha' working label Raspberry Pi builds are extremely stable.

• I'm still building official things on 16.04 which works fine as I created a 7.0.2-ish image yesterday. We're not really interested in trying to solve custom build issues on the 7.0 branch as Jarvis is basically a closed book now, but if you create a Krypton build (master branch) it will use gcc 6.2 which might sidestep the version issue. Despite the 'Alpha' working label Raspberry Pi builds are extremely stable.

Hello,
    OK good to know this. So I will try to build master branch tomorrow.

Last time I tried to build master I got some "part2" error.
    Is this error known?
    Do I have to take care of something else more than:

Code
    export PROJECT=RPi2
    export ARCH=arm
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/clean linux
    rm -rf /home/user/.ccache-libreelec/
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make clean

PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm tools/download-tool
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make image

Bye
    muebau

• Hello,
    I compiled it (master branch, commit 4d4fe5db747f77bc1c87dce714babbfe6da0437f).

Now I get the following error:

Code
    image: creating filesystem on part2...
    image: populating filesystem on part2...
    image: error happen...

Error: [Filesystem error] /tmp/tmp.7W2JyYfMyC/part2.ext4 cannot be opened.

image: cleanup...

I pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly.

Bye muebau

Edited once, last by muebau (November 29, 2016 at 9:10 AM).

• Code
    Error: [Filesystem error] /tmp/tmp.7W2JyYfMyC/part2.ext4 cannot be opened.

This same error was reported not long back. No idea why it happens. That's why you will need to debug it yourself - put some echo's and ls in scripts/mkimage to see why it happens.

• This same error was reported not long back. No idea why it happens. That's why you will need to debug it yourself - put some echo's and ls in scripts/mkimage to see why it happens.

Hi,
    I did so. The tool "populatefs" does refuse to open part2.ext4

The file is there and I was able to mount it to some folder. I think the problem might be in populatefs.

To get an update package for my RPi I should use:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm make release

Right?

bye muebau

• I see no reason why would fail then. And you don't need to use sudo - the point of all those changes were exactly that ;)

Sadly I can't really help much anymore. If you could provide remote access then maybe I could try something and see with my own eyes what is going on :P