Youtube and Tubed errors

• Any tips on how to copy-paste the api-keys? I've been typing on the remote control for an hour or so, and it still tells me its wrong. Going nuts here. ||

I tried to edit the settings.xml, but it does not save because of viewing-mode in linux (idk). And there is an issue on the yt github about the key not actually being saved in settings.xml. So there is also that. So it has to be saved by typing into the yt settings, unless someone real smart knows another way...

• Any tips on how to copy-paste the api-keys? I've been typing on the remote control for an hour or so, and it still tells me its wrong. Going nuts here. ||

I tried to edit the settings.xml, but it does not save because of viewing-mode in linux (idk). And there is an issue on the yt github about the key not actually being saved in settings.xml. So there is also that. So it has to be saved by typing into the yt settings, unless someone real smart knows another way...

Try editing 'api_keys.json' via SMB:

\\<IP-address-of-your-device>\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\api_keys.json

... or directly under SSH:

nano ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/api_keys.json

But the simplest solution is the following:

In the Settings menu of the addon, there is an API menu item, where you need to enable the Enable API configuration page option. After you need to open http://<IP-address-of-your-device>:50152/api in a browser, then copy and paste the required values.

But, if you insist on local input, you can even plug a USB keyboard into the device, which is a little faster than using a simple remote control. :)

• [bit off topic]

Thank you. But how do you copy-paste without being able to select text? I just tried with a mouse. Got the key-stuff on a usb stick.

[/bit off topic]

In the case of local input, it is probably not possible at all, so typing remains there.

I wrote this only because even a USB keyboard is much faster than a long text entry with a simple IR or RF remote control. :)

• [bit off topic]

Thank you. But how do you copy-paste without being able to select text? I just tried with a mouse. Got the key-stuff on a usb stick.

[/bit off topic]

You can copy & paste the lines with the official Kodi app. At least in iOS

Just navigate to the API-Key window>Kodi button and the key should be present in the text field.