USB won't boot

• Hard puzzle.. extract vendor fw and see if the *.ENC files exist. If you find any then your board is encrypted and in this case only using the vendor fw would be possible. Try to narrow down all possible causes.. )

• Rompecabezas difícil... extraiga el firmware del proveedor y vea si existen los archivos *.ENC. Si encuentra alguno, entonces su tablero está encriptado y, en este caso, solo sería posible usar el firmware del proveedor. Trate de reducir todas las causas posibles.. )

thank you so much.

Do you know any tutorial on how to extract the firmware?

• Larsen most boxes will boot from a USB, but usually only one specific port on the box. All boxes should boot from an SD card though. It's unlikely that an S905W box has encrypted boot, so I wouldn't run down that rabbit-hole before trying an SD card.

• chewitt i have tried with the SD card and the same thing happens: The TV BOX logo appears, then it stays on a black screen and does not load libreelec.

How can I know which DTB is the correct one?

Edited once, last by Larsen (April 14, 2023 at 2:07 PM).

• LarsenIt's unlikely that an S905W box has encrypted boot

Well why..

wae23
    September 21, 2021 at 9:38 PM
  • I suspect you've followed the legacy image style of boot configuration (renaming files to dtb.img) instead of following LE instructions which are different. GXL boxes are all rather similar and except for user-error, it's unusual for devices to not boot.

• I have followed the installation steps indicated on the web for Amlogic S905W, to install Libreelec and I have not been able to get it to boot from the SD card. Then I did the same with Coreelec and it started the first time without problems.

• I would be grateful if you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Two things:

a) You hijacked someone else's thread to make a post about a different issue.

b) Your post is about a distro that I've never booted (and is not LibreELEC).

In summary: You're seeking help from the wrong person in the wrong forum.

Удачи /shrug