Digibit R1 and TVHeadend

• Code
    Good afternoon, a few days ago I bought a digibit r1, my idea is to use it through a raspberry with tvhedend, but I have some doubts.

with the digibit r1, how many users could see channels??, could they see any channel or only 3-4, could it give channels to 16-20 people??

These doubts arise, I don't know how much iptv headend support I could give, or how many channels they could see

M

• You’ve four tuners in the R1 so four separate feeds from your LNB hooked up to the four inputs on the R1 pointed at, for example Astra 28.2 should give four clients full access to all available muxes. Alternatively you could record three channels from three separate muxes while watching a fourth channel. There’s a number of ways you can configure the R1.

Where did you manage to purchase the R1.

• There are two aspects to this issue :

How do you get the four tuners to work independently. You can do this with a Quad or Quattro LNB (with 4 cables to the R1), or a Unicable/Unicable II LNB or Multiswitch (with one cable) - though that latter may require you to use third party firmware like SatAxe and to understand how to configure Unicable/Unicable II. This will allow you to tune to a maximum of 4 satellite transponders.

How many channels that you want to provide to your network does each transponder have? You can use one tuner and LNB feed/Unicable UB slot to tune more than one channel if it's on the same transponder (though you may not be able to stream ALL of the channels on a transponder). When you tune to a transponder, the R1 will get a data stream with all the channels in that transponder, and will filter out the ones you want. You can usually filter out a number of channels from the same transponder before you hit a processing limit (it depends how hard the R1 is working I think)

If you want to offer specific channels to your network - you can look at which channels are on which transponder and come up with a plan to use your 4 tuners to decide which 4 transponders make the most sense. Or you can just decide to limit each user to one tuner/transponder and limit it to 4 users. They are two sensible approaches for different reasons.