LE 11.0.1 on RPi 3 (migrated from 10.0.4): Titles don't show

• Hi there,

I was waiting to the first patch to be released before updating to LE 11 branch. I continually updated this installation since at least version 9.

However, right after migration and updating extensions, I noticed that my titles just wouldn't display when collection is accessed from the "Films" tab. Changing the view type doesn't help as titles remain undisplayed.

Already-indexed titles do display, however, when using the "Videos" tab. Scanning-to-index command from this view updates every field except for the title: only the raw filename is used.

Is that a known bug? And how to solve it?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • An update:

As I thought it may have something to do with profile corruption (I always used the same one across upgrades), I created a second one, not importing anything from the Master profile, added just one folder of media indexed using Universal movie scrapper as a data scrapper. Media are stored on an NFS-accessible hard drive. Otherwise it's a stock configuration with no background indexing taking place. The exact same issue reappeared.

The random freeze issue didn't go away in this new profile, and even occurred during idle times, not just trying to update the library. Symptoms are the usual ones: keyboard is still detected and responds to pressing [Caps Lock], cycling the indicator LED on and off, but the GUI stays frozen. Trying to SSH into LE at these times also ends up in a timeout. If I randomly press keys during while GUI has frozen, most often than not LE reboots by itself, sitting on the LE splash screen for what seems to be an abnormally long amount of time.

Third unexpected symptom: when LE hasn't crashed and SSH is still accessible with LE otherwise idling, Kodi still shows quite a bit of CPU / RAM being used constantly: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs always hovers around 45% CPU, and RAM taken by the same process takes 65% of the available total over about 45 instances.

Since I now have two profiles, I SSHed into LE while it was sitting on the profile selection screen, and interestingly, process /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs isn't peaking above 8% CPU / 11% RAM. Right after login, the same process sits at about 35% CPU and 15% RAM over 29 instances of the process. Are these numbers considered normal?

A movie I watched yesterday kept on freezing video every 6-7 minutes (much like commercial breaks on public channels!) but soundtrack remained unaffected. Another one I attempted playing displayed the "Play" symbol in the upper right corner as if it were in the background, but didn't show any video not played any sound.

To the untrained eye, it seems as if LE11.x still has unsorted, unrelated, random issues, but that could be just my impression.

Knowing how tricky it was (and still is) to get media properly indexed, I avoided doing clean installs whenever possible. Doing a

# tune2fs -l /dev/mmcblk0p2 gives:

I thought that LE was supposed to perform an fsck on each boot.

Debug log: http://ix.io/4xq3

Crash log: http://ix.io/4xq4

Any idea what's happening chewitt ?

• Another update: the issue appears to stem from the Universal movie scrapper add-on. I originally left the option to "Always use original title". For an unknown reason, it is no longer able to fetch original title from imdb when executed in LE 11.x. I changed the setting to "Use US title", and I now get the American title.

Still is a stopgap measure, but not a decent solution by any means.